Chapter 5 - Don't Tell

Rainbow Dash's POV

I woke up to the sound of thunder rumbling in the distance. I guess the storm isn't over yet, which sucks because we can't do fun activities outside and we have a week left of camp.

You know what doesn't suck? Sleeping next to the person you love. I had never felt so safe and warm until last night. I wish I could wake up sleeping next to her every day.

Yuck. This doesn't sound like me at all. Jesus christ was has love done to me. I'm only 16 what am I supposed to know about love.

I decided to study AJ. Not in a creepy way. The steady rise and fall of her chest. Her breathing, coming in small bursts and falling away, for what seemed a minute long, when in reality it wasn't. The way she slept, with her face as innocent as ever and her arms around my waist. She was wrapped in profound sleep.

I caress her cheek softly. Her skin is extremely soft. I never thought I'd fall for my best friend. We've been best friends for years. You might've expected it but I never did.

"Rainbow Dash what are you doing?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I jump in surprise and immediately take my hand off of Applejack's face and move back.

"O-oh um hi, Rarity" I say shakily. "How did you get in here? I didn't hear you come in"

"Oh of course you didn't, darling, it's thundering outside" she says, still looking at me suspiciously. "I just came here to check up on you two since the storm calmed down a bit but I see you two are *ahem* busy..."

That made me blush and I hope it wasn't noticeable.

"It's not that it looks like I swear! I- I was just.. umm well... she had something on her face and I was rubbing it off" I say proudly of the lie I just made.

She obviously didn't believe it but it's better than admitting what I was doing.

I feel Applejack move and I see her open her eyes slowly.

I mouth to Rarity saying "Let's never talk about this again" and she gave me a nod. I smile at her basically thanking her. I knew she knew what I was doing and I don't want anyone to know that I have feelings for Applejack.

"Good Mornin', Rainbow" AJ says while sitting up and stretching.

"Oh, Hey Rarity" she says once she noticed Rarity standing there, looking at us.

"Good Morning, dear. I came to check up on you guys but I see that everything is going well. I'll probably come back later" Rarity responds waving and leaving the tent.

"Bye" we say at the same time.

We're quiet for a few minutes. This is so awkward.

"Yeah so... I'm gonna change" I say, breaking the silence.

"Alright" responds the cowgirl.

I get up from AJ's bed and walk towards mine where my clothes are messily laying there.

"I heard you and Rarity talkin' about somethin'. What was it about? If ya don't mind me askin'" asks Applejack.

I stop in my tracks. Crap. I really hope she didn't hear anything.

I turn around and say, "Rarity just wanted to see how we were doing and said the storm calmed down a bit" I say, not mentioning what we were really talking about. I mean, it's partly true.

"Oh okay"

"Yeah"

I turn back around and start taking my shirt off but I felt like if someone was looking at me.

I pull my shirt back down and look at Applejack. She's looking at me.

"Sorry" she says, shyly, as she turns to face someplace else.

I couldn't help but blush.

A/N:

short update. I wanted to write more but it's midnight and I don't wanna get caught with my laptop. I'm sorry for not updating lately. I've been meaning to but I have writers block ugh. Any suggestions for the next chapter will be very appreciated. The next chapter will be longer so I can make up for this one.