Chapter 13 - Stay

Rainbow Dash's POV

The ambulance finally got to the hospital. It felt like it took ages. I had to be placed in a gurney which really made no sense to me because I didn't feel like I was in bad condition, but if the paramedics say I am then I guess. The paramedics opened the ambulance doors and carried the gurney down to the ground. I stared up at the sky. It had begun to rain. "Are my friends okay?" I asked them. They ignored my question and walked fast as they moved me inside the hospital. There were some surgeons who were ready to assess us.

The paramedic said, "Rainbow Dash, 16, possible internal bleeding," and other things I couldn't understand. "I feel fine, I really do. Can you please just tell me if my friends are gonna be okay? Is Applejack gonna be okay?She was bleeding pretty badly from her head," I told the surgeon. "Hi Rainbow Dash, I'm Dr. Lily. Your friends are on the way. I promise you that my colleagues will take good care of them. Is Applejack your girlfriend?" asked Dr Lily. I blushed a bit and sadly said, "not exactly."

Dr Lily was doing a checkup on my body and after a few minutes she said, "Okay Rainbow, it seems like you are bleeding pretty badly into your abdomen so we're going to have to operate as soon as possible. Can you please give me your parents phone number?" she asked nicely. I nodded and did as she asked. She told a nurse nearby to call my parents and quickly began to move me to the operating room I'm guessing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. All I could think about was Applejack and what I told her. I don't want that to be the last thing she hears from me. I don't want her to die. I opened my eyes and tears began to fall from my eyes like a waterfall. If anything, I should be the one who dies. Not Applejack, not my friends, not anyone. The crash was my fault. I closed my eyes again and prayed that everyone was gonna be okay.

"Rainbow?"
"Guys she's waking up!"
"Oh my gosh, Rainbow!"

I slowly began to open my eyes and winced at the bright hospital lights. I saw all of my friends around my bed. Except for Applejack, Twilight, Spike, and Sunset Shimmer. Dr Lily walked in with a smile and said, "Hello again, Miss Dash. Mind if I check up on you now that you're awake?" I shook my head no. She pointed a light and told me to follow it with my eyes. I did as I was told to do so. She then told me to squeeze her fingers as hard as I could and I did. She did some other work ups and finally said, "You're going to be fine. Your parents are stuck in traffic but they're on their way." She looked up at my friends and said, "It's normal for patients to be a bit groggy after surgery. Don't be alarmed if she speaks weakly or looks bad. Give it some time." My friends nodded and thanked her. Dr Lily walked out of the room and closed the glass door behind her.

"How are you feeling, sweetheart?" asked Rarity worriedly. "Fine," I managed to say. I feel like I haven't slept in a thousand years. "Do you want us to get you anything?" asked Fluttershy nicely. I shook my head. "Smile for me," said Pinkie as she held up a camera to take a photo. I covered my face with my hand. I'm not in the mood for pictures right now. Pinkie put down the camera and shrugged.

"How's Applejack?" I asked weakly. Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie exchanged looks and that's when I realized something was wrong. My heart began to pound extremely fast and my hands got sweaty. "Well?" I asked again after there was no response from my friends. "Umm, well, Rarity why don't you tell her?" said Fluttershy nervously. Rarity pulled up a chair next to my bed and said, "Take a deep breath in for me please." I took a deep breath in and out and felt my hands shake.

"Applejack hit her head very hard which made her have a concussion and she lost a lot of blood," she said slowly. "Okay... but she's gonna be fine right?" I asked desperately. Rarity looked down and Fluttershy's eyes began to fill with tears. "Right?!" I asked louder. My eyes started to become watery. "Rainbow, darling, I'm afraid she's in a coma and she might not wake up," responded Rarity after a few seconds. "What? You're kidding right? You're lying to me. Applejack isn't in a coma. She's gonna be okay. I know she is." Pinkie looked at Rarity and tears fell from her eyes. "Tell me she's gonna be okay!" I yelled at her. "Rainbow, calm down," said Fluttershy sadly. She was crying. Pinkie hugged her tightly as more tears fell from her eyes.