Part 15 - Bad Dreams

Letty's POV

I must have drifted off because I woke to hear someone talking in their sleep. "No," the voice repeated. Slightly groggy I got to my feet and went to find who it was. I stopped at Mia's bedroom door but I could hear soft snores from inside. Opening the door a slight crack I saw she was definitely asleep. Pattering along the wooden floor I wound up at Dom's bedroom door. It was him. Pushing the door open I realised he was dreaming.

I sat on the edge of the bed. Gently I shook him awake and he jumped almost bolt upright missing my nose by millimetres.

"You were having a nightmare," I whispered to him.

"Sorry." Dom was panting as if he had been running.

"Why are you apologising man? We all have bad dreams," I murmured as I wriggled making myself comfortable as I sat on his bed.

He shook his head and I could see the cold sweat which was beaded on his forehead and on his chest. He must really have been terrified to break out in a cold sweat.

"What was your dream about?" I asked him.

For a few minutes he was unable to speak instead he caught his breath, he drew sharp breaths in rapid succession. I'd never seen him scared before so whatever he'd seen in his dreams had obviously terrified him.

He motioned for me to close the door and I did as he had motioned. Returning to the bed I sat down again and took his hand in mine. I raised his hand to my lips and kissed it gently, I just wanted to make him feel better. His breathing slowed and I could feel my heart rate slow down a little as I realised he was okay.

He gulped and I could see his eyes were coloured with panic as they darkened a few shades. "Letty, you're okay," he breathed as he came back to reality.

"Of course I'm okay."

"I dreamt that I was back on the tracks and I relived hitting Linder. This time he completely stopped breathing and the ground was coated a deep red and it was on my shoes, my jeans, my top and face. His chest stopped rising and falling and I kept on hitting him until I was sure," he paused, clearly to gauge my reaction.

I kept my expression as neutral as I possibly could given what I was being told. I'm sure my face betrayed me though. I was bound to look a little horrified. How could I not? That was a gruesome dream!

"Then he was laying with his back to me and I rolled him so I could see his face. Only..." Dom trailed off and looked at me wide eyed. His hand ran across my face, his thumb brushed my lips. "Only he had morphed into you and I'd beat you with the socket wrench. I've never hated myself more. I have the potential to hurt you like that and that terrifies me."

"Hey man, cool it. You didn't hit me," I began. "You hit Linder and I can only imagine how you feel living with that as you didn't set out to do it, it just happened. Yes it was a bad idea, yes it was terrible but you didn't premeditate it. Everyone does things they regret in the spur of the moment but you gotta learn that ain't you."

"But I could hurt you," he mumbled.

"I don't believe you'll ever physically hurt me," I admitted.

He kissed me lightly and grinned at me. "But emotionally?"

"You're one of the few people who could hurt Letty Ortiz." I had admitted it. He had a hold on me. One I could never escape.

He pulled me down into the bed beside him wrapping me up in his strong embrace. "Stay?"

"Sure."