Part 18 - It might be love

Dom's POV

The night after the heist I watched from the kitchen window as Letty stood over her Plymouth. She was standing with a notebook and was making notes. Writing a list of parts I assumed. A smile was spread across her face and her eyes were shining with excitement. For one of the first times since my release she was actually bouncing with excitement at the thought of doing something and not shy about letting it show. Usually Letty kept all cards close to her chest and no one had a clue how she felt about anything but herself.

Mia was standing doing dishes and she glanced at me in surprise.

"You're crazy about her," she remarked idly as she placed another plate in the dish rack.

"What odds if I am?"

"I'm glad you've got someone you love that much in your life."

"I never said love," I said in slight defence.

"But you love her and that much is clear," Mia told her matter of factly. "And Dom don't wait too long to tell her."

"Why?"

"Always better to keep things in the open. You know where you stand better."

Mia dried her hands and set up camp at the dinner table to finish her homework. I grabbed a Corona from the fridge and sat down to watch tv.

"I'll lock up!" Letty called as she slung my leather jacket on. It drowned her but I always thought it was sexy when she wore my clothes.

"Cheers Let."

She headed off and I noticed she'd taken the keys to my Escort. Mia was starting to move around again.

"Will I make yous lunch for tomorrow?"

"Naw forget it Mi."

Mia sighed and nodded. She disappeared off to make her own lunch I presumed.

Letty returned home and she threw my jacket over the back of the sofa and fell into the armchair practically on top of me.

"So papi, what we watching?" She asked as she wriggled to make herself comfortable on my lap.

I wrapped one arm around her little waist which remarkably stayed trim no matter how much she ate. Resting my hand on her flat stomach I pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Some western movie."

"Okay grandpa." Her reply was sarcastic and cheeky but she smiled as she settled herself to watch.

If the movie bored her it didn't show on her face. Her eyes stayed open for most of it but she fell asleep coming up to the end. I couldn't blame her. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen.

Gently I shook her awake and she stretched. "OI papi, Mami needs a nap."

"Right well best get that fine ass up those stairs."

She smirked and bounced off the chair. I could hear her footsteps hitting the stairs on the way up, heavy with little rhythm. That girl was anything but co ordinated.

Up in my room I found her already in bed. The sheets wrapped around her, just the way she liked it. With her typical carelessness she'd already scattered her jeans and tank top around our bedroom floor. Her hair was spread across the pillow and I knew to look at her face she was only pretending to be asleep.

I discarded my own clothes and fell into bed beside her. I brushed a stray strand of her hair away from her face feeling my fingers burning slightly where I touched her. A slight blush coloured her cheeks so I decided to push my luck. I ran my hand down her side to rest on her back. Her blush deepened in colour. Spurred on by this visible reaction I traced one finger up to her bra and traced it along the valley between the slope of her two full breasts. A sharp intake of breath followed that and she bit her lip as she lay there.

"No one bites that lip but me," I teased.

Letty's incredible deep brown doe eyes sprung open and she smiled brightly at me as if that had been her game plan all along which it probably had been.

She pressed her lips against mine and we clung to each other closely. Not an inch of space between us.