Part 19 - Vince

Letty's POV

We worked on Saturday but adrenaline must have still been circling through us because we couldn't get enough of each other. The feeling seemed to have stuck.

On Saturday night we went to the races. I borrowed Dom's car and threw down a grand. I won. I raced the next race and threw down two large. I won again. I raced again and threw down three large. I was expecting to lose but won again.

Dom proved himself to be King of the street and won every damn race that night. He walked home seven large richer. You could see it in his eyes though. Every time he was handed money you could see that he wanted more of it. I was the opposite, born of these two years of going without, if I had money I was somewhat cautious with it unless I knew I was safe, but Dom wanted more. He needed to have money for the sake of it. I didn't need to have money to have it. I was more used to being without it that when I had it I hated losing it.

"What you hoarding it for?" I teased.

"We need cars Let."

"Okay," I raised an eyebrow as I wanted him to continue on.

He said no more and for an odd reason I actually didn't want to know more.

That night we tumbled into bed, a tangle of limbs and smelling of burnt rubber. His hands quickly removed my top and bra. My hands worked on his t shirt hoisting it over his head. Soon I was barely thinking as he rolled me beneath him.

Sunday mornings were always the best part of the week. I loved a Sunday morning to catch up on my sleep. Dom was already awake, I could feel his eyes on me despite the fact I hadn't even opened my own yet. My leg was hooked between his and his arm around my shoulders. To my surprise we'd turned out to be very cuddly sleepers. In many ways I'd always thought of myself as a more physical being craving touch more than emotions but I had evolved into a balance of the two but did have a very physical side. Dom was physical too, always seeking reassurance by grasping onto my waist or brushing my hair from my face. Again well matched and well balanced.

I drifted back into a doze, slipping right into a world of dreams. It was rare that I dreamt but I had strange dreams on Sunday mornings. Probably a mixture of my conscious and subconscious working together and conjuring up images I'd only half imagined during the day.

Round eleven I allowed myself to awake properly. Sunday morning was the sole morning we weren't disturbed. The practice of church now forgotten in our home. Downstairs I could hear the chatter of Jesse who had moved in with us so gradually I hadn't even noticed it was happening until it was a reality. Then Vince who'd taken up residence with us after Dom returned. The voices of the boys drifted through the otherwise quiet house and I stretched as I realised sadly my morning in bed was coming to an end.

"Morning," Dom murmured.

"Morning," I replied as I stretched.

Dom shook his head and smiled at me. "Sometimes it would be more appropriate to greet you with afternoon."

"It's only round eleven," I muttered in a dismissive way. I waved my hand at him in a buzz off gesture.

"Try half eleven."

"Close enough."

I felt my eyelids flutter closed lazily. Dom's fingers started trailing down my stomach and I caved. My eyes opened wide and I kissed him gently.

We surfaced a good bit after twelve. I was fully dressed and ready to get rolling with something. Vince and Jesse were tossing a football to each other, one shot coming near the window. I wasn't paying to fix windows.