Chapter 1: The Trio

I lunge at the bandit with my ebony dagger, the blade razor sharp. The edge bites into her shield when she blocked and raises her steel sword, preparing a power attack.
As her arm comes down, I quickly swing around a stone arch, avoiding her hit. The bandit rushes pass me, missing me by less than a foot. She turns around and faces me once more.

The dark elf runs at me across the ancient bridge with a battle cry, her sword arm raised.

"FUS RO DAH!" I shout. The bandit flies back into the stonework of Valtheim Towers and falls down onto the wooden planks. I walk over to the bandit and stand over her as she attempts to stand.

"Boethiah curse you!" She says, spitting at my feet.

"And may Stendaar have mercy on your soul," I answer, as I-

"KK!" My best friend yells at me. "Are you listening? Zep is telling a story," She says.

"Oh, sorry. I was zoned out again, huh?" I ask.

"Yep," Zeppelin answers, popping the p at the end, "Dreaming of Skyrim again, lady Kayleighn?" He asks with a chuckle.

"Gjok vao, vekah!"

Elizabeth and Jay- or Zeppelin as we usually call him, due to his love of the classic rock band- are my best friends. We've known each other since Elizabeth and I were in 5th grade, and when Zeppelin was in 6th. He and Elizabeth are brother and sister, which in a way is handy for me since I only have to go to one house to visit both.

"Oh no, you're swearing at me in dovah? That hurts," Zeppelin mocks as he pretends to wipe away a tear. "So, we still hanging at your place tonight?"

"Yeah," I answer, "Mom and Dad are working overtime and won't be home until wayy late," I answer. "We gonna watch supernatural and take turns playing Skyrim like usual?"

"Duh!" Elizabeth says, "We'll head over after we feed our goats."

"Got it! I'll leave the back door unlocked for you. See ya, bitches," I shout as we spit up to go down separate streets.

As I walk down the road to home I spot my little brother a ways ahead of me coming from the opposite direction. He sees me and knows exactly what I'm thinking. In a split second, we both start sprinting to see who'll reach the front door first. I'm not in the best of shape if I'm being honest, so I ran out of breath pretty quickly and CJ beat me to the house.

"You... fanny pack," I hesitantly insult, holding back from swearing. CJ laughs maniacally as I unlock the door. The door swings open and he makes a dash for the bathroom as I head to my bedroom in the basement.

I close my door behind me and throw my bag on the floor and bellyflop onto my bed.
"Finally home," I sigh. I sit up and gaze at my gaming console, a beautiful Xbox One.
I stand up and walk over to it and turn it on to put my Skyrim disk in, getting it ready for when my friends get here. My daydream from earlier came back to me.

"I still wish I could live in Skyrim. That'd be the bomb," I say to myself as I put in the game into the console. After the initial loading screen ends, I notice the television screen looked strange; I can hear the theme music, but the menu is blank and bright purple. I try fiddling with the controller to see if anything would change but to no avail.
"What the fuck? Please don't tell me there's a perfect circle," I groan as I get up to check the disk.

As soon as I touched my console, there's a high pitched sound and a purple vortex opened up in front of me. I scream and drop the controller as it sucked me in, and closed.

••
I'm sorry this first chapter didn't have much Skyrim in it, but I needed a way to introduce our protagonists without jumping straight into the gaming element.
Did you enjoy reading? If so, then please leave a comment and a vote!