Chapter 10: Ustengrav

We step into the old structure to be greeted by the bodies of more bandits.
Elizabeth, Jay, and I looked at each other before continuing. As we set further into the first chamber we could hear two voices conversing.

"These thralls of yours are slower than Argonians in a blizzard."

"Feel free to take a pick and help them out. I prefer not to suffer myself of manual labor."

"There goes another one."

"Bah! Weak-willed rabble. Even in death, they're almost useless."

"They seem less intelligent each time you raise them. It's impossible."

"As long as they can swing a pickaxe when you tell them, they're as smart as we need them to be."

"You hear that? Those ones must have found something."

"We'd better go see. These can tend to themselves for a few minutes."
The two necromancers went down a tunnel and left their thralls.

"... I'll give you ten gold if you go up and touch one of 'em," Zep dares me, referring to the undead manual laborers.

"Deal!" I say. I cautiously walked up to one of the thralls and quickly tapped its shoulder before returning to my friends.
"Alright, pay up," I demand. Zeppelin sighs as he digs into his pockets and pulled out nine septims. "Dude, the bet was ten!" Yell.

"Yeah, but I'm poor, and I didn't think you'd actually do it. I'll pay you later, I promise," He says.

I roll my eyes and we all followed in the necromancers' footsteps down the tunnel. We walked down a small set of stairs and found the previous conjurers and draugrs battling it out. We stay in the shadows and watch the fight until the end.
The draugrs won with only two of their kind left and start making their merry way back to their sarcophagi with us following behind.
I draw my bow and fire an arrow into the back of one before it got out of range. The draugr ahead of it didn't seem to notice that its friend had been killed.

Again.

I was about to fire another arrow, but Elizabeth pulled a Lydia and ran in front of me to kill the remaining undead herself, causing a few more draugr to awaken. She caused it, so she can deal with it herself.

Zeppelin and I stay back and watch Elizabeth swing her blade at her enemies, cutting them down like weeds. After the last of them were dead once again, we came out of hiding and I punched her arm.

"Ouchy! What was that for?!" She asks with a pout.

"For being stupid," Zeppelin scolds her, "Never run in front of a drawn bow!"

"Okay, I'm sorry," Elizabeth says sheepishly.

We climb another staircase and crossed an open walkway above where we previously were and opened the large iron door into Ustengrav's depths.
We entered a large cavern with beautiful scenery.

"Woah... It's so pretty!" Elizabeth says as we admire the area from a ledge. But the peaceful atmosphere was disturbed by Meeko alerting us to another draugr shambling towards us.