Chapter 2: The Carriage Ride

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the feeling of being bounced around.
"What dufuq happened?" I asked aloud. I looked up to see someone I know all too well; a blonde man named Ralof. My jaw dropped as I stared at the blue-eyed man bound in front of me.

"You there, you're awake," he said with a Scandinavian accent. I still sat there in utter shock as he spoke to me. "You were trying to cross the border, right? Got caught in that Imperial ambush, same as us and that thief over there."

I knew this dialog by heart, I could recite it in my sleep. I looked over at the horse thief. "Lokir," I said to him.

"Huh? Y-You know me?" He stuttered. I nodded, still in disbelief.

"I probably know you all better then you know yourselves," I answer in amazement. I look beside me to my right. "'Sup, Ulfric?" I ask. He looks at me suspiciously before grunting.

"Watch what you say, girl. You're talking to the true High King," Ralof scolded me.

"I know. Believe me, when we get out of this, besides you, Lokir, I'll help Ulfric take back his place as High King. Sure, he's kinda the Trump of Skyrim, but the Empire tried to kill me, sooo..." I trail off. I've gotta be dreaming, there's no way I'm-

"How do you know our names? And what's a Trump?" Ralof asks.

"Yeah, and what did you mean 'besides me?" Lokir looked at me, terrified.

"Shut up back there" the carriage driver hollered at us.

I sigh and decide to explain myself, even if this is all just a dream.
"Okay, I don't know how to say this so I'm just gonna spit it out; My name is Kayleighn and I'm not from around here. I am not from this world, I don't have a single idea how I got here or how the fuck I'm going to get home, but I'm kinda glad I am here," I ramble. "Does any part of what I just said make sense?"

I didn't get a response. They all stared at me like I'm crazy. But then again, at this point maybe I am.

By now we're passing through the Eastern gates of Helgen. Ralof's eyes moved from me to a man on a horse. "Look at him, General Tullius, the military governor. And it looks like the Thalmor is with him. Damn elves. I bet they had something to do with this," He mutters, blowing a strand of hair out of his eye.

"You're right, they did," I confirmed his thoughts. "But don't worry about them right now. We're gonna have bigger problems then the Thalmor soon."

"What do you mean by that, girl? You know something we don't?" Ralof asked me.

"Yeah, I do. And would you please stop calling me 'girl?' I already told you my name." I sass.

"Get these prisoners out of the carts!" Ordered the captain of the guard.

"Oh, this bitch. I almost about forgot her. Can't wait 'til I get to murder her ass," I think as I scrunch my nose in her direction.

"Well, don't want to keep the Gods waiting," Ralof commented as he stood to jump out of the carriage.