Chapter 6: Bleak "AF" Falls Barrow

Hello! I seriously hope you all like this chapter because I overworked my creative faculties to the point that I developed a migraine, and threw up in the middle of writing it. I'm not joking. Now without further ado, here is this week's chapter:

I walked across the North bridge and took the dirt trail up the mountain to my left. Right away, a wolf crossed my path.
"Geez, there are too many wolves in Skyrim," I say as I unsheathe my sword, "Why have they not thinned the population?" I wonder aloud.

I swing at the animal, creating a gash in its left leg. The wolf whimpered but kept up the fight. As it lashed out at my thigh I dealt a blow to its head, hearing the skull crack beneath the blade. The wolf was now dead. Okay, what difficultly is the world set on? That was seemingly too easy...

I continue up the mountain trail until I heard grunting. I knelt down and peeked around a corner to see what I'm up against.
"A frost troll. How wonderful." I think. I back against the bare, ridged rocks and attempt to climb up the mountainside out of the troll's line of sight.

I equip my longbow and knocked an iron arrow onto the string and take aim. Super weak weaponry, I know. But it's better than nothing in this situation.

I take aim at the ape-like creature and release the string. The damned arrow landed in the snow, less than ten feet from where I was perched on the rocks.  Maybe I should've chosen to be a Bosmer instead.

The frost troll took notice of the disturbance and came towards my hiding spot. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shiiit," I panic internally.

After checking out my arrow, the beast grunted and hobbled(?) away uninterested. I let out a sigh of relief as I slung the bow over my back.

I leave the arrow where it is and inch my way along the ridge as to not attract more unwanted attention.

I sneak past the watchtower full of bandits and rounded yet another corner on the steep, winding path to the ancient Nordic crypt. As I climbed the snow-covered stone steps leading to the ruins, I was ambushed by a hail of arrows.

"Fuck!" I yell as I run for cover behind a fallen pillar. I cautiously peek out over my temporary safe zone. "Two archers and one melee assailant. Motherfucker," I think, weighing my options. "I have a pretty clear shot of the archer to my right. I'll try to take him out first." I decide.

I once again readied my bow, hoping I'll have better luck this time around as I let go of the arrow. This time, the arrow flew straight and true piercing the bandit's chest.
"Booyah!" I whisper-yell as he fell to the ground with a thud, which alerted the other two. As they scurried about the exterior of the ruin searching for me, I quietly ran into the first chamber of Bleak Falls Barrow.

Sunlight poured in through skylights where the ceiling had collapsed inward. Dead skeevers were the first things I saw- and smelled- when I entered the crypt. There were several strewn across the chamber, and light glistened off their blood on the cold, stone floor.
I try to ignore the stench as best as I could and sneak over to an old embalming table to eavesdrop on a male and female bandit's conversation.

"Should we go after him?" the female asked, her voice echoed off the ancient walls.

"No. If Arvel wants to get himself killed, let him. Better him than us," the male replied.

I try getting closer, but being the clumsy fool I am, I stumble on a loose stone alerting them to my presence. "Crap."