Chapter 13: Diplomatic Idiocy

As Zeppelin and I unload the back of the carriage, Elizabeth and Meeko thank the driver we had hired to bring us to Solitude. The ride was smooth and uneventful which was a nice change to be honest with ya, we even managed to successfully come up with a plan for once we're inside the embassy.
As planned, we'd left Julius with Gerdur and her family back in Riverwood to keep him on ice. He'll be earning his keep working at the mill for awhile.

After hauling our stuff out of the back, she, Jay, and I start walking to Solitude's gates.
"So whats the first thing you want to do?" Elizabeth asks like we're on vacation.

"Dude, we aren't on holiday! We're here for serious business!" I scold her.
We enter the city, and to our right, an execution is taking place. "I need to grab something, you two go get us a room and I'll meet you inside in a few minutes."

"Okay, don't take too long. I dunno how long I can keep Elizabeth entertained." Zepp jokes as we part ways. I walk around the crowd watching the exicution and go into the Radiant Raiment.

"Welcome to the Radiant Raiment!" an Altmer woman says from behind the counter. "I'm sure we have something that will suit you."

I don't take long to find a random necklace to temporarily replace my treasured amulet of Talos, which I'm possitive the Thalmor wouldn't appreciate. I approach the counter to get a price estimate. "How much for this?" I ask the elven woman named Taarie.

"Thirty-five septims, please," she answers with a strained smile.

"Sounds fair," I say, digging in my pockets for some gold. "I'll take those rags off your hands, too," I say pointing at some tattered clothes behind her. Taarie raises a judgmental eyebrow as she turned to grab the ragged clothes.

I pay for my shit and leave the store, immediately heading across the street to the Winking Skeever. I gotta say, I love the name.

I walk in and spy Elizabeth waving at me from a doorway. Once I was in the room, Elizabeth closed the door.
I don't waste any time throwing Elizabeth some of the rags I'd bought. "Put those on," I say as I begin stripping of my own armor.

"Why?" Elizabeth asks. "Delphine is gonna give us some clothes to wear, right? Because thats how I remember this quest going. Or am I thinking of a different one?" She asks aloud.

"Shh, Sis, lemme enjoy the show." Zeppelin says, eyeing me up and down.

I narrow my eyes at him and move to change behind a room divider before answering my gal pal. "Because, dear Elizabeth, we're gonna need to give our stuff to Malborn," I answer. "And I highly doubt the owner of this place will allow us to strip and walk around naked in front of the other guests."

"Oh, you have good point," Elizabeth says quickly as she joins me behind the divider.

"Of course I do."

After we're all wearing our new attire, Elizabeth and I come out from behind the divider and I sit on the bed.
"Even in rags, the two of you look beautiful," Zeppelin compliments us.

"Why, thank you, kind sir," I mock with a curtsy, "You look quite dashing yourself."

Elizabeth laughs before saying, "Quit playing around, we've got work to do."

"Says you," I laugh right back.

"Aww, can't we have a bit of fun first?" Zeppelin asks, attempting to wrap an arm around my shoulder, but ultimately failing due to his new lack of hight.

"Nah, I'm not into guys shorter than me," I tease, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Can we just go talk to Malborn please?" Elizabeth asks.