6. Drinking

Y/N's perspective

"Shawn, you should stop drinking so much." I say as he takes another shot of burning liquor.

"Y/N, chill. I'm doing nothing bad."

Those answers always upset me so much. He never sees where the problem is, but God damn, he's consuming himself.

"Do whatever you want to do, Shawn, but I won't help you not to fall on the ground and keep walking straight once you're drunk af." I state, looking into his dilated pupils.

"C'mon, darling. Don't act like that. Take another shot with me and enjoy the party." He provokes me a little bit more and smirks.

"I'll skip my turn, but thank you for proposing." I say sarcastically as I try to keep calm.

Breathe, Y/N, breathe.

I walk away from him and join some of our shared friends. I know he's big enough to take care of himself, but I hate to see him totally drunk and unaware of what he does. I know it's his birthday, and he wants to have some good time, but alcohol isn't necessary.

I try to focus on the conversation my friends are having to think about something else than Shawn getting more and more intoxicated. Easier to say than to do.

Something like 2 hours later, as I was sitting on a garden chair outside and talking to Brian, I see Shawn, a bottle of beer in his right hand, trying to walk towards me, but he misses to trip a few times. I roll my eyes at the sight.

"Heeeeeey, babe. You know you look soooooo good in that dress ? Damn... I'd like to do things to you." He says childlishly as he places his big free hand high on my thigh, the smell of alcohol following him.

I move his hand quickly because it's really inappropriate from him to do and say that in front of Brian.

"Shawn, stop that right now, and put that beer away." I whisper to his ear, my voice stern.

"I love it when y-" he cuts himself off to hiccup before going on. "I love it when you speak to me like that, you're so hot. I love it when you try to be the dominant one."

I make some apologies to Brian before standing up and bringing Shawn inside.

"Hey, what are you doing ? Are we going upstairs ?" He smirks at me. He almost doesn't even stand on his feet.

Anger taking control of my body, I can't help but slap him, his cheek now turning red.

"That's it, Shawn. You're fucking acting like a perv. I told you I didn't want to play the babysitter tonight. So you tell all those people the party is over, and you go to sleep right now. Why do you have to drink so much ? You're awful when you're drunk, and you know it !" I nearly scream.

He looks at me but does not say anything. The only thing he does is rubbing his cheek with his hand to try to make the stinging sensation fade away. I walk back to where Brian and I were before Shawn interruped our conversation, but I can't reach the patio door before Shawn says something.

"Fuck you, Y/N. You're not my mom. If I want to continue this party and get even more drunk, I do so. You're just a real tight ass." He spits at me without even looking away, his eyes dark.

I run outside, and Brian catches me and hugs me tightly.

"I heard what he said. You know, he doesn't mean it. He doesn't even know what he's saying right now. He drank a lot." He reassures me the best way he can, but it's not an easy task.

"I was just worried for him. I hate to see him like that. I hate when he drinks and he knows it." I sob into Brian's shoulder.

"You should go upstairs and try to sleep. Talk to him tomorrow when he is sober." He advises me, and I simply nod even though I know I won't be able to sleep until someone stops the music.

*

I wake up the following morning next to a semi-dressed Shawn. He took is shirt off but not his skinny black jeans, and he didn't even take the time to go under the covers. I get up really quietly and head downstairs where I find tones of empty bottles, red cups and some other stuff everywhere on the floor.

I sigh and walk to the kitchen to make some coffee. I must have a terrible face due to the lack of sleep, but whatever. I take a sip of my coffee and start to gather all the bottles left in the room until I hear a groan from behind me. I turn around to see Shawn, his hands on his head, his elbows resting on the kitchen island. I check his toned bare chest quickly before coming back to earth.

"Rough morning." I say nonchalantly as I continue to clean up a bit.

"My head hurts so bad..." He says through clenched teeth from the pain.

I smile to myself. I'm maybe a "real tight ass", but, at least, I'm not complaining the next day.

"Take a pill." I reply with a cold tone, which makes him look at me.

"Are you alright ?" He asks, probably not remembering what he said to me yesterday.

I nod as I put some glasses -miracoulously not broken- into the sink.

"Y/N, I know you. Did I do something wrong ?"

"Except getting drunk for fun ? No, probably not." I say sternly.

"Y/N..."

"Don't you fucking remember that you told me I was a real tight ass because I didn't want you to drink more, just because I didn't want you to get hurt or do stupid things ? Just because I love you, and I don't want to see you that bad and weak ? I fucking care about you, Shawn !" I say all at once, my voice cracking at the last sentence.

"Did I really say that ? I-I'm sorry, baby. I didn't know what I was saying... I'm so sorry. I love you, and I've never meant that, I swear." He speaks as he walks towards me, distraught. He hugs my body and kisses my forehead. He feels so guilty, I know it. I sense it.

I don't protest. I know he didn't mean it. I was just so upset when he said that without any remorses, staring straight at me.

"I'm sorry for being so clingy, Shawn." I whisper, my head buried into his chest, even if he still smells like shit from God-knows-what was spilt on his clothes the night before.

"Don't apologize. I find that cute." His raspy morning voice rings in my ears.

"Not when you're drunk apparently." I joke, which makes him chuckle.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I just want you to know that I really don't care if Shawn drinks every now and then. Here in Belgium, we can drink at the age of 16, so yeah... Believe me, I know what it is.
He has the right to get drunk too as long as it doesn't become an habit.