13. First Night

Y/N's perspective

I turn the page of my English book and sigh. Why do I have to read this ? Seriously, it's so boring. I often regret my choices, but choosing English litt has been the worst one. Whatever. I continue to read the chapter until the lit up screen of my phone distracts me. I should think about turning it down when I work for school.

From : Shawny

"Hey, honey. Wanna come over ? You can sleep at home if you want."

I smile at first, but then I think about my dad. What will he say ? I've never slept at Shawn's and my father won't agree to let me sleep there after only three months of relationship. He's a single dad and I'm his only child. It's normal for him to want to protect me, but I also don't want him to take control over my life, and mostly over my love life.

I look at the clock hanging on my wall and think deeply.

9.14 PM

I hesitate a few more seconds and finally decide to ask my dad. I go downstairs and open the door that leads to the living room, where my father's doing stuff on his computer.

"Hey, dad."

He looks up at me and smiles a small smile before looking back at his laptop, completly busy with what he's reading on the screen.

"Hi, Y/N. Something's wrong ?" He says, his eyes still glued to the computer.

"I-I was wondering... Hum... Can I go to Laura's house ?"

He sets his eyes on me and studies my features. Shit, he's gonna find out I'm lying.

"Laura ? Are you still friend with her ?" His eyebrows furrow as he probably remembers that story I told him about that time I had a argument with her a while ago.

"Y-Yeah..."

"Y/N, don't lie to me. What do you want ?" His tone is more stern this time.

"I told you, Dad... Laura invited me for a sleepover. C'mon, it's Friday and we don't have anything planned tonight." I whine, noticing he is not really convinced.

He shuts his computer down and sighs while looking at the wooden floor.

"Darling, you're big enough to know what to do, or at least I think so. I believe in you, but don't take this for granted."

I smile and I walk to him to hug him tightly.

"Thank you ! I love you !"

He chuckles and I run up the stairs to pack my things. Just a moment later, Shawn sends me a new text.

"So... Are you coming, baby ?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in 10."

Shawn lives a few blocks away from my house so it's not that long. I can walk.

I close my bag and go downstairs once again.

"See you tomorrow !" I yell in the whole house so my dad can hear me.

"Bye, darling ! Be safe."

I close the door and start to walk down the road, my earphones on. The cold wind hits my face as I walk faster because of the dark and creepy empty street. Soon enough, I reach Shawn's house and I knock three times on the front door. Only a few seconds later, my lovely boyfriend appears in front of me, his arms open, ready to have my body pressed against his.

I step in and hug him like a teddy bear, him resting his chin on the top of my head.

"You look so cute when you're cold." He says with his voice so soft that it makes my heart beat faster.

I look up at him, my face still pressed against his torso, only to find him already staring at me.

"Your nose and your cheeks are red which is so adorable. You're so adorable."

I smile and try to peck his lips but miss because of his height. I only touched his jaw, but it was enough for him to smile widely. He helps me and leans in to connect our lips, the familiar taste of his soft ones on mine.

"Let's go upstairs. My parents aren't home, there's only my sister but she's already in her room."

I nod and follow him to his room. I've already been here a few times, but I'm still not used to his clean and tidy room. Mine is the total opposite actually, it feels weird.

"Movie ?" Shawn asks as he removes his skinny jeans to put way more comfortable sweatpants instead, and he takes his shirt off as well. I can't help but stare at him. He's so perfect.

"Y/N ? Are you with me right now or on a different planet ?"

His little chuckle at the end of his question makes me realize I'm still looking at this body.

"Hum... Yeah, yeah. Let's watch a movie."

He laughs and takes my hand in his, leading me to his bed. I sit down as he starts to scan what's on Netflix. We agree on watching Harry Potter, even if we've already seen every movie a thousand times.

"Cuddle with me." His raspy voice sends shivers down my spine, and I obey immediately.

I lay my head onto his warm chest and wrap my arms around his waist as he runs his fingers through my hair, his other hand rubbing my back. He kisses my forehead softly before focusing on the movie.

At the end of the second film, as I was almost completely asleep, Shawn gets up from the bed and opens his closet.

"What are you doing, baby ?" I question him.

"Let's get you in more comfortable clothes."

He hands me a black hoodie and I smile as I take it in my hands. It smells like him, and I love it. I change quickly and lay back on his bed. He then comes next to me and lays on his back. He shuts off the light and tugs on the cover to hide his bare chest.

"Goodnight, beautiful." He says and kisses my forehead again.

"Goodnight, Shawn."

The space between our bodies is ridiculously big, but it's the first time we sleep in the same bed, and I feel a bit awkward. I think the emptiness next to him is bothering him though, because I can feel his large hands on my waist.

"Don't be shy and come closer, baby. I want you in my arms." He says as he enlaces my body with his big muscular arms.

"I lied to my father to be with you tonight."

I know his eyes shot open when I told him that randomly. I know him.

"You weren't allowed to come at my place ? Won't you have problems with him ?"

I shrug and answer.

"I didn't even ask my father to come here. I knew he wouldn't have agreed. I told him I had a sleepover with Laura."

He chuckles slightly and traces random patterns on my hip bone with his thumb, under his hoodie that I'm wearing.

"I understand him. But know that I would never force you to do things that you don't want. Never."

He kisses the top of my head and buries his head in the crook of my neck.

"I know, Shawn. And thank you for that. I love you."

He hums in response and soon after, I can hear his breathing becoming steady and deep, indicating he's asleep. My eyes grow heavier as well, and I fall asleep, wrapped in the arms of my amazing boyfriend.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The matching tattoo with his mom is so cute 😢