Chapter 6. Azarath

A/N: So I'm very sorry for not updating early. I'll make sure I'll update later today. Thank you for all of your patience!! Love y'all!!!

Y/N's P.O.V

It all started with Raven explaining her backstory to the Team. The Team was kinda mad about this news, but she just had to protect them. I rolled my eyes and scoffed at them. They all looked at me questioningly,"You'll understand in a moment." Raven nodded as she teleported us.

We arrived and all you saw was ruins. Everything was destroyed. What used to beauty is now terrifying.

I sighed sadly and looked down. Damian noticed and put his hand on my shoulder. I then heard Gar say,"Safe to say we're not in Kansas anymore." I chuckled and sarcastically said,"Well duh, else there would be red heels." Damian scoffed.

Star then walked up to Raven and said,"It's no star field I recognize. Where are we?" I took a deep breath and gently touched one of the ruins as it seemed to be broken and without happiness.

Raven then turned around and creepily said,"Somewhere where my father can't see us." Damian then stepped and said,"All right, let's hear it." Raven took a deep breath then began,

"There's so much. I guess it starts with my mom. She was young, rebellious, and gullible. Of course, she would wind up in a cult.
Anyway, they decided to do the classic bride of Satan rite. And guess who got to be the lucky bride?
I doubt anyone expected it to work, but the ancient ceremony turned out to be the real thing. -" I nodded along the way as everyone looked at us both curiously as Raven continued,"So, Mom, with her great powers of judgment, didn't hesitate to hook up with a guy who emerged from the smoke. -" Raven was interrupted by Gar saying,"Whoa, whoa, wait. So, your mom did it with Satan?" I snorted while covering my mouth as Raven continued,"His name is Trigon, but basically, yes." Gar then said amazed,"But they totally did it." I laughed at Gar as Damian was smirking at me. Then Star yelled at Gar. I instantly stopped laughing while I covered my mouth. Raven then continued,

"It gets weirder. Mom fled the cult and was on the run with nowhere to go, when she gets saved by these people from another dimension.
The people of Azarath. A realm of beauty, peace, and tranquility where, needless to say, I did not fit in. And I must have inherited my Mom's terrible judgment because I thought if I found out more about the monster who made me, I'd be able to make sense to myself.
Poor mother, poor Azarath. I became its Trojan horse.
He took me to his hellish universe. I could hardly bear the horrors I saw there. -" Star then interrupted by asking a question,"Why did Trigon want you?" Raven looked at her into her eyes and said,"He wanted Earth. He's a conquer of worlds. But he needs a powerful conduit to open Earth to his control."
"And you're half human. His key to coming in." I said as Damian nodded. Raven then continued,

"But my magic was stronger than he realized. Before he could use me, I was able to trap him inside a crystal. It should've held him.
Perhaps, if I had stayed there, it would have. But I wanted a home." Raven looked down sadly, as I put my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.

"Why didn't you go back to Azarath?" Jaime asked, as Raven glanced over at him,"This is Azarath." The Team looked at it in shock and in disbelief. I nodded as I bent down and picked up a piece of the ruins and held it in my hands.

Then Star looked at me and Raven back to forth then finally said,"Y/N knew all a long. Huh?" Me and Raven glanced at each other and nodded. The Team took a step back then breathed. "Anything you want to tell us, Y/N?" Gar asked rudely.

I shook my head and said,"That's a story for another time." Damian stared at me then gave me a look of sadness. I shook it off as Raven teleported is away.