001

it had been a shitty day for song minho. in the morning he had been looking foreward to it, but in the end it turned out to be as bad as every other day.

a few weeks ago minho had signed up for an exhibition and the payment would've been enough for an actual meal at an actual restaurant. but he didn't get accepted, so he ended up in the shitty convenience store at the corner of the street, looking for the cheapest and shittiest instant noodles.

the dim light flickered over his head, while the girl at the counter yawned lazily.

eventually he asked for some hot water and sat in front of the store with the steamy bowl, even though it was way too cold.

his apartment - or rather his room - was only a few blocks away, but he felt uncomfortable there. it was a constant reminder of how his life was going and how poor he actually was. still he wouldn't give up his dreams just yet.

so minho stayed in the cold infront of the store, watching his breathe condense in the dark sky.

ivy choi actually didn't hate working at the grocery store as much as she thought she would before starting this job; it wasn't like she had much of a choice anyway.

for quite some time she had been watching the guy, who couldn't seem to decide for which instant noodles to eat.

as the dim light made her feel tired, she yawned even though she had slept for ten hours during the day.

the young man finally came to the counter to pay and asked her for some hot water. this wasn't something unusual, but somehow there was a strange vibe. latter was confirmed when he went outside to eat despite the tables inside.

the girl at the counter decided to ignore it the best she could and distracted herself by changing the song that way playing on the speaker.