Chapter 1 - Mate?

Please note: I've been getting a lot of activity and comments on this story and just keep in mind I was 15 when I actually wrote this. Was my first ever story and english is not my first language so the grammar is extremely bad 🤣 for all the support over the past years. Thank you so much!

                                      ****

Walking around in this tan painted building didn't help my mission to figure this fudging place out. It was bigger than I expected or atleast bigger than the website said. Mentally I was sculpting a map but with this place I might as well do a better job in the Amazon rainforest. Even though I look very young for my age, most people guess me about 17 or 18, I am in fact a teacher, not a student. And this is the very first high school I would be teaching at, since I got out of collage. Nervous is not even the word I can use to describe my feelings. Instead of butterflies playing in my tummy, it was goblins throwing a party and dancing on my insides.

When I finally found my homeroom the kids were chatting about not noticing me enter, I took a couple of minutes to look around. The previous teacher didn't care to look after it because some of the paint was peeling off and the colors was bland. I made a mental note to brighten up the place.

"Kids"  My voice was a little louder than I wanted it to be. They starred at me confused but obeyed my authority and took their seats. I mentally smiled at this reaction, this was going good so far.

"I will be your new homeroom and English teacher" I silently praise myself for my confidence taking in a deep breath before I begin marking down the names of kids who are attended.

"John Williams" I call out, nobody answers.

"John?" I repeat. Still no answer. I let out a big sigh and was about to mark him as absent when the door swung open. A young boy stepped in. Quite handsome for his age, with dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. I knew this kid was going to be a trouble maker.

"Who are you?" My voice sounded strict. He returned with a smirk.

"Williams, John Williams." He replied trying his best at a James Bond accent.

"Well mister 007, consider this your first and last warning, I won't be so nice next time, please take your seat." Again praising myself for my confidence.

"With pleasure, mam." He was still smirking, taking his seat next to a red head girl, wearing an outfit that barely covers her privates.

*****
Luckily the morning went by fast and it was time for lunch. I walked into the teacher lounge and was greeted by a lot of elder teachers. Finally I spotted a young girl near my age. In school I didn't have much confidence, so I would never just walk to someone and ' just make friends,' but as time passed I learned to be more confident. Or so I thought.

"Hi" I smiled at the perky dark haired girl. She was quite beautiful. She had almost golden eyes. It was a complete contrast with my piercing blue eyes. My hair was also dark but had a purple glimmer in them. I liked to be different so I coloured my coffee brown hair. She was also very skinny, were I was curvy, which was both a blessing and a curse.

"Hi!" She smiled back happily. That's a good start.

"I am Lea, new here."

"Thought so" she giggled. "Anne"

"Nice to meet you." I smiled. "I finally know one person besides the students.

" Yeah they can be a handful" she laughed.

"Especially this one, I think his name was...uh....John?"

She let out a deep laugh.

"What?" I suddenly felt embarrassed.

"That's my younger brother. If you think he is bad, you should meet my older one. " There was still a laugh in her words.

"Oh. Sorry" I said still feeling embarrassed.

"Forget about it, sometimes I think I am the only normal one around here." We both laughed.

"So is it only you three?"

"No, I have a older sister as well. But she left when I was young. She and my dad didn't get along very well. She fell in love and he didn't like it."

"That's really sad" I felt sorry for her.

"Yeah, but when my brother took over the family business things changed. He was wiser with his decisions. But more cold. My sister didn't want to return. The man she fell for was direct competition. I think a part of her felt he was like my dad, even though he isn't, he wouldn't let his company be threatened."

"Sounds serious. This family business."

"Yeah after my dad dies my brother took over. At age 19, he was the youngest...uh owner of the company."

"Sounds like a incredible man"

"He is. Too bad he is a bit of a douche" she laughed.

*****
The rest of the day went by fast. I gathered my stuff and went by Anne's class to say goodbye. When I arrived I heard loud voices outside the door.

"I will not return to the house!" This was Anne, she sounded mad.

"I am not telling you, I am ordering you to." A deep calm male's voice sounded.

"Well I don't care!"

"Can't you for once in your life just listen to me. It is safer at the house."

"I can't leave my mate now, you know that. And since you refuse to have him in your house, I will not be returning, thank you."

Mate?

Confused I decided to leave. There was something pulling me towards the door but I ignored it. It would be rude to interrupt Anne and whoever she was talking to.

A few steps away the door swung open and as compelled as I was to turn around and look who it was she was talking to, I just kept on walking.

*****
Later that night, while resting on my bed with my laptop, I thought of Anne. Mate? Like friends? Must be. But why would she not leave him? No Lea this has nothing to do with you just finish your preparations. I started working further on my preparations for tomorrow. Mate? I sighed deeply knowing I am not going to win this war. I will just ask Anne tomorrow. But then she will think I am some kind of stalker? No just asked her.

******
Okay so this is my third attempt at writing a story. Please excuse my spelling! This is unedited and if you want to make notes, please do! Thanks for reading!