Chapter 11 - Betrothed.

All Nathans attention had been spend on this war. He ordered the shaman to stop looking for a way to break the hex ,but rather to spend is attention on getting the dagger ready. I wondered why Nathan was so fixated on this war. 'No one takes whats mine.' He growled when I asked him.

"But the shaman really? What if our bond breaks? Then all of this was for nothing.!"

"Do you feel our bond breaking?" He asked pulling me into a hug.

"No but maybe its a long term thing."

"I have a theory." He proclaimed.

"Yeah?"

"What if the hex only works when we are separated. I mean neither of us feel like our bond is growing weaker. In fact it grows stronger. Maybe that's why he kidnapped you. To separate us for as long as it takes the bond to be broken."

"That sounds about right."

A knock sounded at the door.

"Alpha." A young omega boy stepped in.

"Yes."

"You have a guest."

"Who?"

"She said her name was Mia." Nathans face went pale.

"Who's Mia?" I looked at him confused.

"A very old friend."

We headed into the study to great this Mia person. She was a tall red head and had good posture. She was dressed very formally.

"Great somebody is here to take my bags upstairs. " she looked irritated at me. She had a British accent.

"I am not..."

"Whatever just hurry." She rolled her eyes. I wanted to slap that bitches head of her shoulders. Nathan put a hand on my shoulder clearly seeing my anger.

"Mia what are you doing here?"

She moved her attention to him. "Nathan. It is good to see you." She smiled.

"You too Mia." He smiled back. "Let me introduce you. Lea this is Mia..she was uhh..my betrothed. Mia this Lea my mate and Luna."

Her eyes widened. I had a cheeky smirk on my lips. Wait! Betrothed? Like marry? Oh hell no.

"Luna." She bowed her head. "I am so sorry."

"Betrothed!?." I ignored her.

"It was many years ago. My father thought it would be a good idea. They were the second strongest pack and had good Alpha genes. He said our child would me more than powerful. But after the war they had to leave, because almost their whole pack was destroyed." He explained. I frowned. Clearly jealous.

"Now what are you doing here?"

"I need protection. Lucius influenced my entire pack I spend so long to rebuild. They are coming to kill me."

Nathan starred at her for a few seconds.

"Fine. I will protect you." What?

"No you won't." I know I was being petty but my wolf hates this woman.

"Lea can we talk. Nathan how about you go get us some tea." Nathan turned around and squeezed by shoulder before exiting the room.

Mia gestured me to take a seat. I did and so did she.

"Look I am sorry for before. I am used to looking down on Omega's."

"I am not an Omega." I said sharply.

"Oh seems like I can't get my foot out of my mouth." She chuckled. I gave no response.

"Nothing happened between me and Nathan. We were just friends. Close friends. We knew we were getting married one day so we made it our mission to get and know each other.

I must admit, I haven't met my mate yet and apart of me had hoped...but after Nathan told me I changed my mind. You deserve him and he deserves you. I need him now. I need you. So please I am asking you nicely reconsider."

I felt horrible for being mean to this woman. Her attentions was pure.

"Fine you can stay here." I sighed. "Sorry for my actions."

"Let's just start over okay?"

"I would love that." I smiled.

Shortly after that we were talking and making jokes when Nathan returned with a omega girl carrying our tea. It was the same girl who greeted me in the hall before I found out I was pregnant. She frowned when she saw Mia but left without saying a word.

"Lea we are watching romances and crying our eyes out tonight!" Mia exclaimed. "Its about time us girls got to know each other. I would have never thought this hard head would get a mate." We all laughed.

After Mia was shown her room, I saw that omega girl.

"Nathan go ahead I'll come in a little while." I headed in her direction.

"Hey." I greeted the girl.

"Is there a problem my Luna?"

"No it's just..when you saw Mia, you frowned. Why?"

"She looked like someone I saw a little while back."

"Who?"

"It was a woman who just got into town. I met a human friend of mine at a café down the street. This woman walked in. But she wasn't a werewolf. Her Aroma was different, she had a werewolf aroma but I don't know something was very off. She seemed powerful. More powerful than a normal werewolf. Almost lycan powerful but it isn't her, they looked the same but the aroma was different."

I didn't like the sound of this.

"Luna. Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah?"

"I heard the reason Lucius uses witches is to steal the power from the werewolves he kills. There was a legend that they can do that. I don't know why the witches are helping him. I believe that woman does the same."

"Thank you...uhh.."

"Melina Luna."

"Melina. " I smiled. "You are very clever. I would like to have you at my side during this war."

"Thank you Luna." She bowed her head.

"Lea!" Mia called out opening her door. "Come on movie night!" She walked toward me and grabbed my arm. I turned my head back at Melina but she had already left.