chapter 5 - Be safe Lea

I could have sworn my face was turning white. Luna? Pack? No!

"This is not true."

"Lea" Nathan reached out to grab my hand. A spark of electricity filled my body. I removed my hand from his immediately.

"Your lying"

"Don't you feel that?" He looked straight into my eyes. "Don't you feel us?"

I couldn't respond.

"Listen we don't....."

"I want to meet you pack" yes that came out firm.

"What?" His brows furrowed.

"I. Want. To. Meet. Your. Pack. If what your saying is true. I got to see your pack."

"You can't" I could hear anger in his voice.

"And why not?" My voice started to get louder.

"Because your a rough! If they see you now they would kill you without thinking. I must mate and mark you first."

Mark? Mate!

"What?"

He sighed. "When a wolf meets his mate, he marks her. To show all the unmated males she is his. The mark takes place during...well...mating, it is very intimate. If wolf marks someone without mating it would be very painful. As Alpha when I mark...."

"If!"

"Sorry?"

"If you mark me."

"When I mark you, you will become Luna of my pack and that creates a bond, with both me and you, and you and my pack. You become like a mother to them."

"And if I won't let you mark me?"

"You can't. The mates pull is strong, especially when it comes from a Alpha. If you keep on fighting it, it will hurt me and you. We will grow weaker. Until we both get so depressed we wouldn't want to live without our mate. As a result we can become more heartless"

"And if I love someone else?" I could see him tense at my words.

"You can't. He would never make you happy. He can never make you feel like I can."

"Can I...can I see your wolf?"

"Not right now, beautiful. I wouldn't be able to control him. He wants you. He won't stop until he get you."

"Oh"

"As I was saying, we don't have a lot of time. Your dreams are a warning. And I think I know of what."

"Of what?"

"There was an Alpha of another pack not far away from here. Lucius was his name. He was merciless. He even killed members of his own pack, just for the fun of it. Under an Alpha you get a Beta, second in command. Under a Beta is a Delta, training to be Beta. In that pack, they had a very brave Delta called Sam.

Now Sam grew tired of Lucius and decided to create a rebellion in the pack. They over thrown Lucius. But he was strong. He killed half of the pack including Sam. The Beta had thrown him and those who were loyal to him out of the territory.

Rumor has it he is creating his own pack of rogues. When he hears of a seer nearby he would want her for his pack. He would want you. Probably even try to mark you.

I think your dream has something to do with that. A red wolf resembles an Alpha, the strength of the Alpha is also shown by the shade of the red."

The wolf was a very deep shade of red. Almost mahogany.

" I am guessing, black means rough?"

"No. A rough is brown. Like a normal wolf. Black resembles an wolf who had killed his mate."

"Killed his mate?"

"Some wolves do it." Nathan sighed. I could see pain in his face. " Even though a mate can make a wolf grow stronger, they are also a weakness."

Weakness? I felt something inside me growl.

"Yes." Nathan looked down. "A wolf cannot battle knowing his mate is in danger. That's why some kill their mates. It makes them bitter and hollow. But it also makes them strong. They have no worries. No regrets."

"That's horrible!"

"That's why I want to mark you as fast as I possibly can. I am not rushing you. I am just saying we don't have a lot of time Lea."

"I...I want to think about it."

He nodded.

"We have to spend a lot of time together as well. The more time you spend with me, the stronger our bond grows. If it grows stronger you would not have such a strong rough smell. Then you can move into the pack house and we can take care of you. The pack doesn't have to know about you until I marked you. You would simply look like a omega, the lowest of the pack"

"Move into the pack house? No! No! And hell no!"

"Lea, it's for your own safety."

"We don't even know if what you are saying would happen."

"It will. I can set you up with the shaman tomorrow and she can confirm it to you."

I sighed. "Fine. I will think about it."

"Thank you" he was smiling at me.

"I want to go home now."

"Whatever your heart desires beautiful."

*****
The ride back to my house was silent. When we got out, Nathan walked me to my door.

"Goodnight" I said before opening my door.

He stepped closer to me. I could feel the heat radiating off him. My body wanted to be in his arms. I wanted him to hold be close. He put his hands on my sides and looked down at me. Was he going to kiss me? He starred me into my eyes. I could feel his breath on me. He lifted his chin and placed a tiny kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe Lea." With that he turned and walked to his car. My body was about to melt.