Chapter 15 - The warriors return

One by one the men who fought in the war was beginning to return. All of them seemed pretty broken up and hurt. I saw Lou and ran towards him.

"Did we win?" His eyes looked sad.

"Yes."

"Then whats the problem?"

"We can't find Nathan?"

"What do you mean you can't find him?"

"I mean he is gone. He can't find him. One moment he was fighting next to us, the next he was gone."

"And Lucius?"

"He is dead. The beta, Alec killed him."

"Then who took Nathan!?"

"We were ambushed. Mia showed up with some of her followers. Mostly witches. The daggers energy had worn off and the witches got their power back but they didn't attack they just stood their. The next thing we knew, Nathan was missing."

"Mia came." I gritted threw my teeth.

"Sorry Luna but we will send our best trackers to track him down I promise."

A\N: Yes I know you hate me for not letting Nathan return yet but sadly I am working with a plan.

"Where's Alec?"

"Down with the rest of the soldiers, making sure there arrant severe wounds or foul play that was used."

"Okay."

I rushed over toward Alec. He was in fact where Lou said he was.

"Alec." I called. He ignored me flatly.

"Alec?" I tried again. He walked over towards the next soldier. I followed.

"Alec as your Luna I command you answer me."

"You are not my Luna!" He finally answered.

"What's going on with you Alec?" My eyes was wide with shock.

"This is all your fault. You started this war. You let these men get hurt. It's because of you that our Alpha is missing. You, you, you!"

"Alec you know...."

"And as acting Alpha, my first order will be to revoke you of your Luna duties."

"You can't do that!"

"Yes I can and I am. If you were born in this pack you would've known this! And that's exactly my point, you are an outsider in this pack throwing your weight around just because your mate happens to the Alpha. If you weren't to Nathan you wouldn't give two craps about us.

The council would agree with me, they aren't very fond of you either. But if you want to make this official we can always go to them. From now on and not a second further you will no longer be Luna of this clan.

You can still use the Alpha bedroom, if Nathan isn't to return you will be kicked out. You can work your way up into the pack, until your son and the next Alpha comes of age. He will them decide what your fate is in the future.

You will see him three time a day after he is born. To breastfeed and that's it. You will not have contact with or influence him. The elder mothers in the pack will raise him and teach him to be a good Alpha."

Tears stung in my eyes. How could he, Nathan's beta and best friend do this to me? To him? I didn't know the pack hated me so much.

"Over my dead body." I answered coldly and walked off.

"Luna are you alright?" Melina called out.

"I am no longer your Luna."

"What do you mean?"

"Alec revoked me of my Luna duties."

"How could he do that? It's for the council to decide."

"Oh trust me the council would agree."

"I am sorry Luna. I will speak to my husband, this must be a misunderstanding."

I was taken back by her words. Husband?

"Alec is your husband?"

"Yes Luna. We keep it quiet because he is second in command and I am a Omega but you cannot deny the mates pull."

"No." I said understanding. "Leave it, I don't want problems between you and your husband. I will sort out this myself and just pray that Nathan will be found quickly. At least before the birth of his firstborn son." I sighed.

"We all hope so Luna. Even Alec. He is more of a fighter than a leader. That's why he makes such stupid mistakes, like taking away the packs mother. Without you, we who were left over wouldn't have made it. Thank you Luna!" She bowed her head.

"No problem." I smiled. "Just don't call me Luna in front of your husband."

"Oh I think I can handle him." We both laughed.

I walked back into the compound to gather all my stuff. I am stealing all the journal of the old shaman and everything I can find about the history of this pack and his people. Something inside me tells me this is going to be a long war until my love returns and I am making sure I am winning this for my family. I stroked my belly and had a quick vision of my sons wolf and mine running threw the forest happily playing. There was a mans presents with us. Who I couldn't really make out.

A young girl came towards me. She was about 13 or 14.

"Thank you Luna."

"No problem. My I ask why you are thanking me?"

"My grandmother was heart broken when she found out, both my father and her husband went off to the war. She wanted to die. After you speech she kept hope that they both would return. And so both of the men did indeed return. You are a marvellous Luna!" She hugged me and I hugged back.

See this right here is why we will be fighting for our position as Luna. Alec wants a war, I say we give it to him. My wolf spoke to me and I agreed with her.