Chapter 20 - The red wolf

I was sitting in my new room, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." Vincent stepped in. I got to know him a little better these last couple of days. He is actually a true gentlemen, never tried to overstep his boundaries. Also very clever, he has so many strategies worked out, I stepped into his office once. It was filled with books, fiction and nonfiction, next to his desk he has a whiteboard filled with scribbles I could not understand. I knew he wasn't from around here but where he was from, I do not know.

"Yes?"

"Come it's time."

"Time for?" He stepped out before answering. It couldn't be our ceremony. Yes becoming the queen of vampires requires some sort of ceremony, almost like a wedding. I followed Vincent down stairs. When I reached the bottom I stopped dead in my tracks. My wolf filled with anger.

In front of me stood Alec and some of his fighters. He looked pissed.

"So you decided to fuck your why into another position of power." He spat.

"But the vampires? How low can you go Lea?"

"Watch it wolfie. I could easily rip your neck off, or better yet make you do it yourself." Vincent spoke.

"What are they doing here?" Beyond pissed was my expression.

"I thought you wanted your son, little bird?"

"If you think we are going to hand our Alpha...." Nathan begin but was interrupted by a laughing Vincent.

"Now now wolf, you see your Alpha made a deal with, I can get whatever I want, and what I want is that baby. Now you got two choices. One you give me the baby. Two I rip the head of every single member of your pack, including you, and take the baby." He smirked. "So what will it be."

Alec sighed and nodded his head. Melina came walking in with my son in her arms.

"We will came back for that child." Alec said as Melina handed the baby over to me. I mouthed a thank you and felt tears in my eyes as I held my baby boy. The wolf pack left and I was left standing alone with my king to be.

"Thank you." I looked up at him with a smile.

"Hey, a deal is a deal." He smirked at me. I stepped closer to him, the distance between us was very small. I stood on my toes, realising how tall he actually is, and placed a small kiss on his cheek. He looked at me shocked and then his expression changed into something else, I don't know what really. Lust?

"I have something to show you." He said shaking it off.

"Yeah?"

"Come."

We walked in silence into a room I had not visited before. He opened the doors and it looked like an art studio.

"I...I did some research on your history, apparently you wanted to go to art school when you were done with school but teaching called harder. So I made my people get some supplies and make you a studio."

"Oh Vincent I don't know what to say."

"I thought I might as well make the house pleasant for you since you will be staying here for a while. Missy." He called and a elderly woman stepped in. "Please take the baby and settle him into the nursery." She nodded and took my child from me.

"I will leave you to it then." Vincent stepped back and closed the doors while walking out.

I walked over to the canvas, hold a brush. Hmmm. My wolf was screaming at something to draw but I couldn't put my finger on it. I dabbed my brush in the red paint and as soon as my brush hit the canvas everything around me went white suddenly.

I woke on hard wooden floor. I rubbed my eyes to get a better view while sitting up. I was still in the studio. Everywhere around me papers were scattered. What happened?

I decided to examine the paper. On every single paper the same thing was drawn. A red wolf.

This was some kind of vision, of what I don't know, but the red wolf could only mean one thing. Nathan. He is still out there and this confirms he is still alive!

I haven't thought about him since I moved into Vincent house. I guess I was too preoccupied with other things, like getting my son back. I could feel our bond is very weak, hardly even there. Guilt crept over my entire body, how could I have allowed this to happen? I could I forget my one true love?

I rushed out of the room and into my child's nursery. Our child. He lied sound asleep. So innocent, not a worry in the world. Now I was sad that this child never met his father and at the rate things are going now, probably never will. Tears were stinging in my eyes. Today was a day of tears it seems.

"Miss Jackson." I heard a whisper behind me. I turned to see a man around my age. He was very handsome and lean.

"Yes?"

"The master would like to know if you would be joining for dinner. Apparently it is a very special occasion." He smiled at me knowingly.

"No not tonight." I looked down. What are you going to do cry yourself to sleep?

The man gave a nod and started to leave.

"What!" I whisper yelled after him. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"I will join your master for dinner."

"Very well." He nodded. "Your attire is already laid out on your bed." He now officially left.

My what?