Seven

The Palace is just as it looked during the ball. Golden chandeliers, a grand staircase (not the one I fell down on), large floor to ceiling length windows, and glorious painting hung on the walls. The only difference is the flowers. What used to be bouquets of roses and babies breath was now replaced with while lilies and orchards.

To my dismay, Dolly Jenkins walks over to us with a clipboard in hand. Her plump body now stuck in a too-tight, light blue, business suit jacket and skirt. While a look of joy is displayed on her face as she makes eye contact with me, I feel like a stone thrown into a river, sinking down, unable to come back up to the surface. In other words, dread.

"Oh golly gee! Lady Jameston, how lovely to see you again." Miss Jenkins announces loud enough for the entire Palace to hear. Great.

"And you as well." I reply, swallowing my dislike for her. No matter how blunt my distaste for her is, she continues to be completely oblivious.

"And you three are?" Miss Jenkins expression turns back into a frown as she examines London, Aurora, and Amelia.

"Nice to meet you! I am London King." She smiles widely and holds out her hand which Miss Jenkins shakes slowly. Almost to the point where she seems dubious of London's intentions.

"Hello, I'm Aurora Vance." Aurora introduces, also shaking Miss Jenkins hand. Miss Jenkins raises her drawn-on brows but says nothing.

"Amelia George." Her snooty voice alarms Miss Jenkins and she holds her clipboard tightly to her side. I doubt any young lady has ever spoken so rudely to her before, and now that one has, she looks as if someone walked up to her and smacked her face.

"Wonderful." Miss Jenkins grimaces. "Lady King go to station 6. Lady Vance station 3. Lady George station 9. Lady Jameston, if you would please follow me, Her Highness has been waiting for you." Miss Jenkins pivots and sets off for Gracelyn's room while for the billionth time today, the three girls jaws drop.

I follow Miss Jenkins up two flights of stairs leaving us at the third level. The royal family's private floor. Stopping at a large white door, she knocks quickly and steps back as to gesture me forward.

"Come in!" Gracelyn calls from the closed doors.

A guard opens the door for me, and I am brought to silence. Gracelyn's room is a powder blue color and designs of flowers decorate the walls. A large white bed stays by one wall with a view of the gardens and beyond that, the forest. All you can see is never ending, rolling, tree covered, hills. Taking my eyes away from the outstanding view, I see that on another wall is a white bureau and matching vanity. I'm interrupted from awing over the room when Gracelyn shrieks.

"Corrine it's been forever!" She exclaims while hugging me tightly.

"I know! How have you been?" I ask as she leads me over to a white sofa across from the vanity.

"Same old and a little bored. Hunter's been a mess though." She grins widely and I can't help but burst into a fit of giggles. I'm still clutching my stomach when a knock is at the door.

"Speak of the devil." She mutters in between laughs. "Come in!"

I'm mixed between two feelings as he steps into the room. Half of me wants to roll my eyes or get up and slap him, still upset from the ball. The other half wants to just sit here and drool at his messy hair and his gorgeous face. My mind keeps going back to when I last saw him. We were in the slums and he indirectly said he adores me. Embarrassed by my lack of accepting his apology, his ears turned pink. Stop it. Stop it right now.