Eleven

My arm loops through Hunter's, but we never quite meet each other's eyes. His suit covered arm is muscular in the perfect way but his posture is just too rigid.

"Please be frank with me Hunter." I ramble without realization. I just called his name without his title and made a fool of myself; Mother would skin me alive.

"What do you mean?" He questions gruffly while leading us into a large parlor - one to put mine at home to shame.

"Be yourself. You do know you're acting like a robot right now, right?" I point out while unlinking our arms. A breeze passes by and I shiver, missing his warmth.

"Uh, fine. So I know we got off on the wrong foot two times but third time is a charm, am I right?" He jokes and I let loose a small smile. At least he's not acting all princy!

"Okay now, ravish me." I sit on a couch near a piano waiting to be wowed by his unknown, lovely charm.

"No, this is a two sided job. You first." He sits on the opposite side of the couch and I narrow my eyes at him.

"You wish. You offended me first." I argue with a knowing smirk. He has to impress me first, that's what this date is all about.

"How do you want to be ravished?" He sighs, giving in.

"Serenade me." I giggle as he groans.

He sings a song from ages ago called Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You and adds in dance moves at random points; I can't keep in my laughter. To say the least, Hunter can't sing.

"I loved that, thank you!" I blurt between giggles.

He shakes his head and flops down on the couch. A small glisten of sweat gleams on his forehead, tired from the performance.

"Your turn." He grumbles after taking a large gulp of a cup of water on a nearby table.

"What would you like me to do, good sir?" I say, sobering up.

"Piano. Girls are good at that right?" I almost cringe at his statement. Me and piano don't mix well together.

I start plinking the keys to the tune of the song he just sang and almost immediately scrunch my shoulders to my ears. The sharp notes stand out even more at my slow pace.

"Please! Stop!" Hunter cries from the couch and I laugh. Yes: I am that awful.

"I should have mentioned that I cannot play piano at all. I've taken lessons my whole life but I've never been good."

"Well I can tell now!" He howls in a joking manner.

We settle down and make our way to a table near the fireplace. Next to it is a cart filled with delicious lunch goodies, making me squeal with joy. The table itself is what makes me hesitate; candle lit and a rose as the centerpiece. In other words, it screams romantic.

"This looks lovely." I compliment with an awkward smile as I take a seat.

"I thought it would be nice to start off on the right foot for the third time." He chuckles, pushing back his blonde hair.

"Indeed." I agree while taking a sip of champagne.

"Tell me about yourself, the parts I don't know yet." He says while slicing some delicious looking steak. My mouth waters just by looking at it.

"Well you do know I'm an only child, but I've always wanted siblings. My mother hates me and my father whom I love is usually away on business. I'd rather focus on my studies than shop any day. I love horseback riding, dancing, and singing. As you just recently found out, I am dreadful at piano. Also, I usually give goods to the poor every week, it's not as easy as some may think to get a job and make money. They have no clothes, no home, they can't shower nightly for work the next day, they have families to take care of." I'm practically to the point of crying at the end of my long speech. Helping out the poor is something very near and dear to my heart; anyone who disagrees with charity is cruel in my mind.