s i x

I woke up in Josh's arms and took in his scent. I snuggled more into his embrace, not wanting the warmth to leave me. I felt his grip loosen as he woke up. I smiled as today Josh and I are going to spend the whole day together.

"Morning." his raspy voice made the butterflies in my stomach stir up.

"C'mon, get up! We're spending today doing things, not sleeping." I said, tugging at his arm.

He got up and stretched. Meanwhile, I was digging through his clothes to find something to wear. I showered, got dressed, and brushed my teeth waiting on Josh to get ready.

"Alright, let's go." he grabbed his keys and opened the door for me.

"Why thank you, my kind sir." I said in a British accent.

We walked down to the lobby and decided to ask someone if there are any diners close. We got directions and went on our way.

"Oh, I love this song!" I turned the radio up and started singing along.

Josh looked at me and sang too, I gasped. We started singing to each other in dramatic ways. I was tearing up as we arrived to the diner.

"Table for two, please." Josh smiled to the lady, she returned the gesture and led us to a booth.

We ate our food and I noticed a jukebox, I got up and started looking through the music choices. I picked a song and danced my way to my seat.

-

"Josh, where are we going?"

"Somewhere special, just wait."

"But I've waited too long!"

"We're almost there, I promise you. Plus, it's worth the wait."

"Better be." I huffed and looked out the window.

"We're here!" Josh got out and rushed over to my side and opened the door for me.

I glared at him but that went away as soon as I did it. I looked over to see a breathtaking view of the sun setting.

I heard Josh clear his throat, I looked at his hands. A blanket and a picnic basket. He unfolded the blanket out on the floor. I laid out all the food out and took a seat. Music from his car as we saw the sunset.

"Now pay close attention to all the buildings and streetlights."

I did as I was told, the sun was close to disappearing. In almost an instant, the lights seemed to have a domino effect. Building by building, light per light, the city lit up and night time was taking over. Yet, the buzzing of people and cars kept the city alive.

"Woah, that was the coolest thing I've ever seen!" I hugged Josh and he smiled.

I looked down, "We're really high up."

"That's why I'm not at the edge."

"So you're just going to let me risk my life, alone?"

He pouted and sat next me, our feet dangling.

"Hey Ty?"

I hummed and turned to him, he was still looking forward.

"You want to be my, um... my boyfriend?" he finally faced me and I hugged him. I shouldn't have done that because we almost fell to our death.

"Is that a yes?" He quirked his brow.

I kissed his cheek, "How's that for an answer?"

"Use your words, please. Just to make sure."

I rolled my eyes, "Yes Josh, I'll be your boyfriend."

He fist pumped the air, "Yes!"

I blushed and went back to where the blanket was and got a Redbull for both of us.

"A toast?"

I nodded, "A toast."

We clinked our cans and sipped the drink. We cleaned up and Josh drove me to my hotel. He was about to leave but I stopped him.

"Don't leave, I don't want this night to end yet."

We went up to my hotel room and sat out on the balcony.

-A/N-
Next chapter is about to get real.