Chapter 9

Namjoon stared at his mentors corpse before adjusting his hold on Jimin. He could see Siwon's body below them on the last floor. He could see the works of the company surrounding him looking for evidence.

  "We have to go." He spoke up and made the six boys listen to him. In that very instant whether they wanted to admit it or not, he became their leader.

  "Where are we going?" Seokjin stared subject five down and reluctantly allowed the kid to guide him. The former assitant did afterall have their tickets.

  "We need to be at berth five, thats at the opposite end of the building. We will have to make do without the rest of the supplies, we're lucky we even managed to get the map."

  "Fine." Yoongi stiffly nodded and took Jimin from Namjoon's back wordlessly. "You have to pretend to be fine or we can't get on."

  "Fine." Jimin hissed through his teeth. He looped his arm though Yoongi's using the older meta for support. Every movement he made hurt. His joints were still and each time they moved it felt like someone was grinding at the with a rusty saw, hacking as much as they could. Unbelievably, this was the better pain.

  "Hurry." Seokjin sent Jimin a pitying look before he started rushing the group through the crowd.

  Surprisingly it didn't take long for them to get to berth five. The thought of sitting down made Jimin fight through and the rest of the group was simply terrified of dying. It was amazing what a fear of death could do to someone's speed.

  When they got to the bus Namjoon handed over their tickets and ushered them into the back of the bus. Yoongi looked out the windows to ensure nobody was following them after them. His eyes narrowed when he saw the same girl from earlier walk on the bus.

  "She's following us." Yoongi growled out.

  "You don't know that." Seokjin forced Yoongi to sit as the girl hesitantly took the seat in front of them. Instead of attacking them she turned up her headphones and started scrolling through her phone. "See? Leave it be. Get antsy if she gets off at the same stop as us or something." He shook his head, hardly believing Yoongi thought she was a threat.

  "When are we supposed to get off?" Jungkook asked.

  "A few towns over." Namjoon looked over everyone to be sure that they were all okay. He sat down when he appeared to be okay with what he saw and relaxed just a bit. Yoongi rolled his eyes and slumped into his seat, Namjoon was really annoying him. Mindlessly acting the way he was as if he deserved to protect them. However he had never said no, so he supposed that was his fault too. He couldn't believe he had to deal with two hours of this.

~

SeokJin fumbled with the case given to him by the scientist. His slender fingers flipped at the clasp. A curse fell from Yoongi"s lips as small bottles of the serum fell from the case, rolling along the floor of the greyhound.

The strange girl looked up from her phone, watching as a bottle hit her foot. Her fingers clasped onto it and she picked it up looking at the bottle of medicine.

Namjoon collected every bottle he saw and shot Seokjin a look as he shut the container. "Be careful will you?"

  "I-I didn't mean to." Seokjin stuttered out. The eldest of the group felt a scowl flourish on his lips at his pathetic response. He hadn't done it on purpose but the look of disappointment on Namjoon's face caused unexpected feelings to appear.

  "Lets get going." Jimin mumbled as he pushed himself up. His knees shook under him. Instantly Hoseok had his arms around the kid.

  "Come on." Hoseok snapped. Jimin looked at the older boy in surprise then he smiles softly.

  "Thank you." His words were met with silence as he was helped out of the bus.

  Yoongi watched them vacate and his scowl deepened as the girl stood up. Tentatively she walked down the aisle and left the bus. His feet stomped after her. He could feel his min whirring as his powers activated in defense. He could feel ever old wound of hers, he knew exactly what to do in order to shut her down. Forever.

  He followed her as she picked up her suitcase. He didn't stop when she walked around the corner. He couldn't help himself when he slammed her into the brick wall.

  "Who the hell are you." Yoongi bit out. His palm slammed against the wall by her cheek. It was pitiful watching her. Her mouth opened and closed, but no noise came out. Her eyes were wide and unresponsive. "Answer me."

  "I don't know you I swear. I didn't do it. Whatever you think that is. Please don't." The girl leaned as far into the wall as she could reminding him of a squirming worm. The sight was unfamiliar to him after being tossed around so often by the corporation. A part of him felt bad.

But just for a moment.

  "I asked who you are, not if you know me." Yoongi leaned in closer to her and narrowed his eyes. He couldn't tell if she was just a good actor or if she was actually scared.

  "I, I don't want you to know me." Tears burned at her eyes and she shook her head. The silent 'you scare me too much' rang loudly in his mind. "I only have twenty dollars! You can have it if you want. It's all I have." Her voice quivered.

  "Whatever." Yoongi scoffed and pushed himself away from her. If she was an actress she was too good. He was being paranoid. He walked away from her dismissing her relevance.

  The girl closed her eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm herself. Her eyes flew open as her hand touched the lump in her pocket. She pulled out the small bottle of medicine from the bus. It was theirs, they were the only ones behind here. "Wait, I have your insulin!" She stared after him and gasped as a boy rammed into her. Her hands hit the ground. Glass pierced her skin as her palm smashed right through the bottle.

  "Sorry!" Jungkook called out to her as he ran after Yoongi. He didn't look back, he was too busy trying to catch up with his older friend.

  "What do you want?" Yoongi glanced at Jungkook. His eyes caught sight of the girl kneeling on the ground with watery eyes and thought nothing of it. A weakling like her deserved it.

  "Namjoon, he said a vial is missing. We need to find it. Its not on the bus." Jungkook gasped for breath and crouched, resting his palms on his thighs. He was too malnourished to run like he had.

  Yoongi cursed and reached his hand to his hair. His fingertips scratched against his scalp. "One of the passengers has it."

  "I know." Jungkook nodded and sighed, taking another deep breath. "Namjoon is checking them out-"

  "You're trusting that bastard with this?" Yoongi snapped. There was nothing more anmoying for him to hear than that. They didn't know if they could trust him and yet they were giving him such a valued position. Sure he had a number like the rest of them, but that meant nothing. Namjoon was the one that watched them wordlessly as they were experimented on. He was the one thag adminsitered their poison.

  "He's the only experienced one." Jungkook trailed off looking guilty. He started walking back to the bus station then frowned as he looked at the cement. "Isn't this the lid to the serum?" He crouched and picked up the metal wrapped cover of rubber.

  Yoongi realised it first. His body froze. Jungkook realised it second. His body shook.

  "Find that girl, now. Tell them all to look for her, if it really broke we have a problem." Yoongi pushed Jungkook forwards as he scanned the area.

  "Yes sir!" Jungkook stuttered out. His bolted as fast as he could towards the group, stumbling as he could. Their adventure was off to a horrible start.