Chapter 21

Jimin fell out of his bed and groaned, groping around in the dark for the switch of his light. His eyes burned when he flipped it, creating a scalding light. "What's going on?" His tired eyes swept the room. He could have sworn he heard Jungkook. Grumbling he pulled on a proper outfit and ruffled his hair.

  "Must have been a nightmare." He sighed and forced his weary muscles to co-operate as he walked to Namjoon's room. Namjoon was rooming with Seokjin, so he hoped the eldest subject wouldn't mind him disrupting his sleep. Whenever Jimin had nightmares about what he saw, he always went to his friend. He never went to Taehyung, all that got was snarky comments, and belittling. He loved Tae, but sometimes he just needed a bit of empathy for the subjects. Yawning he rubbed his eyes and stopped infront of Namjoon's room.

The door was open.

  "Joonie?" Jimin said wearily as he looked in the room. His lips tightened as he saw the disarray. Namjoon and Seokjin were missing. Determined, he went to every room. Hoseok and Yoongi had an empty room, Taehyung and Jungkook had an empty room. His bones were grinding like rocks on cement by the time he reached Yunghee's room. He knocked and didn't wait before he pushed in, turning the light on.

  "What the hell!" Yunghee shrieked as she sat up, "turn that off!" Jimin flattened himself against the wall and flipped the switch off in pure surprise. "Jimin?" She climbed out of bed, and helped him stumble to her bed. She forced him down and got water and medicine despite his meek protests.

  "I wanted to make sure you were okay, everyone else is gone." He finally spoke up after he had swallowed some ibuprofen. "I checked everyone's rooms. They are all a mess except Taehyung and Jungkook's. I think they were taken."

  "Then why weren't we?" She frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.

  "Because you don't belong to Primatech." Taehyung walked in the room and eyed her with a smirk before closing the door. "Don't worry I got everything figured out. This place is a front for Primatech, all the mutants shipped out get taken to facilities for experimentation."

  "What?" Yunghee's arms dropped in surprise as she stared at him. "You knew this all along?"

  "Of course." Taehyung snorted and shook his head before crawling under her bed, pulling out Siwon's suitcase. He opened it and looked at the final vial with relief. "Jimin, I'm not going to tell them about us. They don't have to know. All we have to do is take this vial to them and we have our ranks back, we will even be higher."

  "Why was that under my bed." She whispered with an empty gaze. Taehyung said nothing but Jimin caught on instantly. Taehyung had stolen it from Seokjin and hid it under the bed of the least likely holder. His friend was using all them for each of his selfish schemes. No doubt he wanted to be the one to give it to major so that he would be praised.

  "You bastard!" Jimin ignored the screaming of his body and he grabbed Taehyung's collar, pulling his long time friend towards him. "Are you crazy? Just how messed up are you? Namjoon is our closest friend, he's like a brother to me! He practically raised us and you throw him to those dogs?"

  "He isn't anymore." Taehyung spoke empty words, not reacting to Jimin's anger.

  "Yeah? Well then you should be signing up to be subject six, because you're one of them now too." Jimin growled out. The pure tension in the room sent Yunghee shivering, she escaped to her closet and pulled a spare sweater on, trying to ease the anxious chill that flooded her body. "We're going to save them."

  "No we aren't," Taehyung shook his head and tried to pull away from Jimin. He got flustered when he realised Jimin had a solid grip on him. "Let go of me Jimin." Jimin stared at him then let go.

  "I guess I never really knew you. You're a monster Tae, we're your family. Primatech isn't, Primatech has never been there for us. Major just used you to try and buff Namjoon up, he never really cared about you! He knew you were sensitive and he used it against you! Now that he knows you're a mutant? You'll be dropped into the same pit as Jungkook."

  "He doesn't know and he won't." Taehyung fixed his shirt and backed away from Jimin. "Do whatever you want, I'll distract them, but consider it my last favor for you. Yunghee, stay here. I will make sure you get home. I already told them that you were just a prisoner this whole time. Just like us." She opened her mouth and stayed silent, her chest felt like it was stuffed with cement, every moment made it stiffer and harder to breathe. "Goodbye." Taehyung pulled at his collar, fixing it before he left the room.

  "Get home safely." Jimin said softly, as he forced himself up. He felt empty. Everything he knew was gone. His best friend had just sent good people that he had spent the last 12 hours with back to hell, and emotionlessly abandoned his beloved cousin to the same fate. He didn't know how he was going to rescue them all on his own. He was scared. His training only did so much, especially when he could barely walk. How was he supposed to catch up? Let alone defeat their captors?

  "I'm not going home." Yunghee put her arm around his waist, supporting his weight before he fell over. Jimin stared at her incredously. Her body was just barely smaller than his, making it easy for his arm to rest on her shoulder. Her eyes were almost in line with his. He was shocked by how flat they looked, as if the events that transpired weren't surprising.

  "You're not coming with me." Jimin stared her down, watching as she looked away, unable to hold his gaze. "You can't fight, you don't know how to defend yourself, and you're not part of our world. You can go home freely, if you do this I don't think you can ever go home again."

  "You can't even walk ten steps without hobbling like an old granny, how do you think you're going to catch up on your own?" Yunghee snorted, shaking her head. "I know I am useless, I can't do anything, but the least I can do is support you so you can focus on what you have to do." The more she spoke, the quieter she got, and the more embarrassed she looked. "If I learnt anything from comics, its to not trust anti-mutant companies. I'm scared what they would do if they found out." Her eyes watered as she imagined what the boys must have gone through. She knew she wasn't strong enough for that.

  "At least you're honest." Jimin sighed and smiled at her weakly. "I promise I will keep you safe, okay?" He winced as he felt the chill seep through his clothes. "First we need to find out where they went, I need to find a local computer and-" He groaned as his legs shook. He cursed, trying to not pull Yunghee down with him. He felt frustration well inside him. He was useless. He couldn't even hold himself up anymore, it was just too painful.

  "You're okay!" Yunghee made sure he was leaning on her and she staggered as she tried to open her door with his weight pressing down on her. "Do you need to rest?"

  "There's no time." Jimin shook his head and forced himself to walk. The first thing they needed to do was find transport, and hope Taehyung would change his mind. He wanted his brother in arms by his side.