Why?

*back to Alan's POV*

The next day I went to see if Densil wanted walk to school together. When I reached Densil's driveway he and I'm guessing his father stepped out. He had a stern face and looked very business-like.

Densil. He looked different. His eyeliner was darker and he had an angry look on his face. His bandages had been replaced by those wooly handless glove thing. The day I met him he wore bright neon things. Now they were dark.

"Hey Densil," I said.

He just stared at me then got into his car. Then he was driving off out of my sight. Guess I was walking home.

We had English first so maybe I could ask him about it then. I sat in my seat and waited for him. He arrived. Dark yet extremely attractive. He sat next to me but didn't even glance at me.

"Hey," I said, "what happened this morning?"

He didn't reply for a while.

"I can't talk to you," he said bluntly.

"Why?"

"Cos I can't," he sounded frustrated.

Well sorry for asking. I left him alone for the rest of the day. Treated the day like I used before he came.

When I got home I saw I got a text from an unknown number.

"Leave Densil alone"

That was it. No threat or nothing. Yup.

I got bored so I went to the park. I sat under a tree and read some manga. I heard some shuffling behind me. I'm very curious (too curious) so I looked to see what was happening. When I went to the other side of the tree I found a body hanging there, the person wasn't dead yet. Then I realised who it was.

"DENSIL!" I shouted and got him down.

He looked up at me and broke into to tears. He hugged me and I hugged him back, rocking and whispering "shh" to him. I took him over to where I was sitting.

"What was you doing?" I asked looking him straight in the face, his big blue eyes filled with tears.

When he spoke, inbetween words he breathed in cos he was crying.

"I need to die. I must die," he replied.

"Why?"

"Just because."

"That's not good enough," I shook him to get him to answer

"I-I-I can't," he said and ran.

"No!" I tried to run after him but boy he was fast.