Chapter Six!

Adelynn’s POV

Okay, so I told Mike everything. Yes, the kiss and the girlfriend part too. Hey, I don’t want to keep anything from my best friend. I would feel the guilt take over me and I wouldn’t want him to find out from anyone else. It would be so much better if he found out from me than from someone else.

Boy was I wrong.

I wished he found out by someone else because well, let’s just say that he got angry. Really angry.

First, he was already tense then it started to get worse as his hands were balled into fists. When I was talking about him and how he kissed me goodnight, Mike’s jaw started twitching as he clenched it shut. But when I nervously and hesitantly told him about Alex asking me to be his girlfriend, all hell broke loose.

It seemed like something popped inside him. If this was a cartoon, steam would be blowing out of his ears and his eyes would be raging with fire. Instead, Mike started breathing heavily but when he noticed this, he tried to control himself as he tried to breathe in a steady rate to try to calm himself down.

I knew this because I was the one who taught him the breathing exercises. The bad thing was, he only used it whenever he was about to like about to blow. Like a big volcano explosion with lava coming out and everything.

When he calmed down a little bit, Mike sat down on the couch. He pinched the bridge of his nose with his eyes closed.

“So, you guys are a couple then right?” He asked with a scarily calm voice.

“Yea…” I trailed off not really knowing what to say. I never had been in this situation before.

“Break up with him.” He suggested like it was the answer to everything. Not that I had a problem in the first place.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. Why would I do that when I just became Alex’s girlfriend?

“Why?”

“He’s a player. Everyone knows that.”

“What are you talking about? He’s not a player. If he was a player, he would’ve gone after someone else.”

“What do you mean someone else?”

“Someone prettier.” I said looking down. I know I wasn’t the prettiest person but I didn’t actually want to say it out loud. I didn’t want to come to the fact that I was just an ugly duckling.

“You’re not ugly Adelynn. You’re the most beautiful person ever.” Mike told me while standing up. My heart beat skyrocketed when he called me beautiful but I told myself to not get excited since he was just saying that. Mike didn’t mean it. I didn’t believe him either. My self esteem was too low.

“You’re only saying that because you’re my best friend.” He didn’t reply back which I secretly hoped that he would. It hurt me a lot. I took his silence as a yes, that he only said that because I was his friend and it wasn’t true. I wasn’t beautiful. Not in his eyes or anyone else’s eyes.

“Adds, just don’t associate with Alex. He’s no good. He uses girls.”

I felt myself get a little angry at this. So do you, I wanted to shoot back at him but I didn’t. Anyway, how does Mike know anything? He’s always spending his time with girls that he doesn’t even know anything that happens around him.

“No.” I said back sternly, showing my anger.

“I’m only protecting you Adds. Just listen to me.” Mike seemed to get a little angry too as he clenched his jaw a little too tightly.