Chapter Twenty-Nine!

Adelynn’s POV

Everyone doesn’t like Monday mornings. We’re so used to sleeping in, that on Monday, when we have to wake up, you’re too lazy to. Well, I don’t know about you but that’s how I felt about Monday mornings. The keyword my friend, is felt.

This Monday, I actually didn’t mind waking up at all since I woke up and right next to me was Mike and his sleeping form. My heart pounded and this was a normal thing that occurred whenever I saw Mike or especially when he was at such a close proximity. His breathing was fanning the top of my head and I heard Mike groan when I shifted in his arms. I didn’t want to wake him up since he looked so cute and innocent but I couldn’t stay in bed. I had to get ready for school.

“Mike,” I whispered out his name. “move your hand so I can up and get ready for school. I’ll give you fifteen more minutes to sleep.” I tried to convince him to let go of me.

“No. Stay here in bed with me.” He grumbled, pulling me even closer to him. I was sure that he felt my thumping heart against his chest.

“Mike.” I whined out his name. “C’mon, as much as I would like to stay here, we need to go to school.”

After a few moments of silence, he groaned and let me go. “Fine, wake me up in fifteen.”

“Okay!” I agreed, hopping out of the bed and running out my bedroom door to the bathroom so I can take my morning shower.

After my morning routine, which consists of showering, dressing, waking Mike up, walking downstairs to eat breakfast, and taking the bus, we had arrived at school. I forgot to mention that we had some kisses in between but you don’t really need to know that.

As I got to school, Mike and I greeted Austen and Mels who were for once, not kissing and waiting for us outside. They both carried knowing smiles on their faces and Mels started jumping up and down when she saw Mike and I’s entwined hands.

“YAY!” She squealed. “Finally! I told you that you guys were going to end up together, now pay up Adds.” Mels held out her hand and tapped her foot on the ground as she waited for me to place money in her hands. I put my hands on my hips.

“Since when did I have to pay you?”

“Since now.” She responded. “I told you since we first saw Mike that you guys would become lovers and that,” she said, pointing to our hands. “proves my theory or psychic reading.”

I rolled my eyes. “Here.” I placed some “money” into her hands.

“I don’t want imaginary or invisible money.” She told me with a flat look.

“Too bad. It’s either that or nothing.”

“But-” She started to complain but Austen chuckled and told Mels to stop messing around.

“Fine, you are no fun.” She said to her boyfriend, crossing her arms across her chest.

“That’s not what you thought last night.” Austen said to Mels with wagging eyebrows. She instantly blushed a deep red and hid her face.

Ew, I didn’t need to know that. “Keep that to yourself Austen.” I complained when Mike and Austen gave each other fist bumps. I rolled my eyes, boys.

“Let’s go to class Adds.” Mike decided. He gave me a look, telling me something with his blue eyes. “We want to protect your ears if they continue to talk about the “fun” they had.”

I nodded. “Yeah, we’re going to go to class now.” I told Austen and Mels. “Have fun reliving last night. Mentally I mean, because you know, we wouldn’t want you guys to…in public.”