Chapter Twenty-Six!

Adelynn’s POV

When we were both breathless and dizzy, we pulled apart to get some air. Mike put his forehead on mine and we stared deeply in each other’s eyes. Kissing Mike was kind of getting addicting. Once I pulled away, I wanted t place my lips right back on his.

“Adds.” Mike mumbled. I closed my eyes at the sound of his sexy voice.

“Yes?” I asked, sighing in content at our situation.

“Will,” Mike paused and I nuzzled my face in his neck, discreetly inhaling his wonderful scent. Mike suddenly sounded nervous which didn’t surprise me since I realized that I had that effect on him. I smiled. I’m glad I had some kind of effect on him. He was nervous around me. Mike said he’s in love with me. At this though, my heart soared and I felt pure happiness. And just like every time I feel extremely happy, I squealed on the inside.

Mike cleared his throat and pulled me away so he can look at me in the eyes. I opened my eyes and looked up since Mike was taller than me, to see him looking at me seriously. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

My eyes widened in shock and my mouth opened slightly. Was he kidding me or what? I know he said he loved me but is it possible for him to love two people? I thought he liked Heather. He has been spending time with her so that backs up my theory.

I tried to say something to him but Mike stopped me. “Before you say no, I promise that I’ll try my best to be the best boyfriend ever. I really like you Adds. I know for a fact that I love you and it would mean the world to me if you said yes. I’m not forcing you to say yes and I know I never had a girlfriend before so I don’t know what boyfriends do but I’ll spend time with you and take you out. I can’t promise but I will try my hardest to not hurt you in any way. I don’t even know if I’m repeating what I’m saying which I hope I’m not but I love you and I hope that you will at least consider saying yes. Oh geez, I sound like a weirdo asking you to consider something.” When Mike was finished, he blushed slightly before casting his gaze to the ground.

He was so adorable! Tears came to my eyes when he thought that I was going to reject him. How would I ever reject such an amazing person? Mike hesitantly lifted his gaze from the floor to my face and when he saw me crying, he quickly shook his head. “I didn’t mean to make you cry. If you feel pressured, forget that I ever asked this. We can be friends and forget about everything that happened today. Please don’t cry Adds.”

Tears were now streaming down my face like a hose has just got turned on. I shook my head and attacked Mike with a hug. “I didn’t say I didn’t want to be a girlfriend. How can someone amazing like you be in love with me and want to be with me? I just don’t understand. I thought that you said you liked Heather. If you love me, how can you like someone else. I think that you’re just confused.”

Mike pulled me away and held my shoulders with both of his hands. “I don’t like Heather. I said that because well, Melly, Austen and I had this stupid plan to give you mixed feelings so you would admit that you like me which I’m sorry for. I didn’t mean to play games with you. I just hated thinking that you liked Ty and didn’t like me back. But now I know that you love me and I love you too. I don’t like Heather at all. I’m not confused either. I know what I want and I want you. And Adds, I know you don’t think that you’re beautiful and that’s probably all my doing since I told every single guy to stay away from you but just know that you are. You’re amazing and anyone would want to be with you. I’m lucky to be able to know you.”

“Are you sure? Heather is so much more beautif-”

Mike cut me off. “Don’t even finish that sentence. I don’t care if you think Heather is the most beautiful girl on Earth, to me, you’re the most beautiful person on Earth. You’re amazing. Just look at yourself in the mirror. Don’t even doubt yourself of your beauty. You’re full of it, inside and out.”

My heart was pounding in my ears from what Mike was telling me. it wasn’t the first time he called me beautiful but still, my heart pounded nonetheless. Tears of joy were cascading down my face.

“Really?” I asked, with a small smile on my face.

He nodded. “Really.” I looked at Mike to see if he was lying to me but he wasn’t. I closed my eyes and smiled. Walking closer to Mike, I enveloped him in a hug and we just stood there, hugging each other.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." I whispered to Mike. His chin was on top of my head and I could feel him grinning.

When I remembered something, I pulled away from the hug and laughed. “We’re still covered in cinnamon and flour Mike.”

“Okay, then. We should shower.”

“Together?” I asked, pretending to look interested.

Mike’s eyes lit up. That pervert. He looked surprised at my comment though. “Really?” He asked excitedly.

“If you want.” I said flirtatiously, biting my lip and pretending to be nervous about saying this.

“You’re not joking right Adds?”

“Yes.” My one word answer confused Mike.

“Wait, so are we taking that shower together?”

“No.” I shot Mike down, winking at him.

“Tease.” Mike muttered but I knew that he wasn’t mad with the corners of his mouth twitching.

“Go home. Take a shower and when you’re ready, come back with Ty. He should be home by now since he said he’ll be home for dinner.”

“But there’s no dinner. Talking about dinners, I’m starving!”

I shook my head. “You’re always hungry. Why do you think I want you to call Ty over?”

A look of understanding crossed Mike’s face and he grinned. “You’re mean Adds.”

“What? How am I mean?” I asked with fake innocence.

“You know what I’m talking about.”

I rolled my eyes. “I want him to cook dinner for us. I’m starving too. Plus, I’m a sick person. I need to eat medicine after dinner.” Mike rolled his eyes and laughed.

“Great excuse. I’ll be right back.” He quickly jogged up the staircase to go back to his room. I told you Mike uses my bedroom window as his door.

I got into the shower, peeling off my clothes. When my clothes dropped to the floor, clouds of cinnamon surrounded me making me cough. I slapped my hand to my head when I remembered something. I still needed to clean the stupid kitchen. And this is the downside to food fights.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really short chapter, sorry about that. I'll upload soon again if that makes it any better. Don't be mad at me and throw tomatoes at me or anything. Plus, it would mean a lot of you guys commented or voted. Thank you! If you didn't, it's okay. You reading is more than enough. Did anyone watch the Olympics Closing Ceremony performances? I missed the One Direction performance because I was in the car coming home. :( Pooh. That's a downer. I hope you all had a nice day or night, whenever you're reading this. :) I'll upload soon, I promise. -karen xx