Chapter Twenty-Two!

Adelynn’s POV

For half an hour, I was pacing back and forth in the bathroom debating whether or not I should just walk back to the living room and pretend nothing was wrong or should I just man up and tell Mike that I was in love with him.

There was no point in telling him that I loved him though, he didn’t even like me like that. He liked Heather. He had said it himself. And I didn’t blame him for liking her because who wouldn’t? Heather was beautiful and me, I was just an average girl. I was so mad at myself. Why did I even think that a guy like Mike Jones would end up with me, Adelynn Cole?

Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid.

After heaving a sigh, I yank open the bathroom door ready to face whatever that was going to happen. What I didn’t expect at all was walking in and looking into an empty living room. The television was off and so were all the lights.

I guess he left because he didn’t want to face me. I thought gloomily. Or maybe Heather called him or something. I felt a pang at my heart and the sinking feeling just wouldn’t go away.

I walked to the kitchen to grab my tub of Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough ice cream. I know that the sinking feeling wouldn’t leave any time soon but maybe the ice cream can cause some momentarily relief. I took the large tub of ice cream to the living room with me and went to put on season one of “The Vampire Diaries.” The lights were off so I was watching TV in the dark while stuffing my face with ice cream. No one was here to bother me so it was good. I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now.

Somewhere in between the second episode, I fell asleep.

“Wake up Addy!” Someone shook me violently and I jerked awake.

“Ughh.” My head was pounding and I felt really sleepy. I looked around to see Tyler’s face hovering right over mine.

“You look a little pale Addy.” He observed.

“Yeah, yeah. Why did-” I was interrupted by my very own sneezing. My eyes widened in shock when I noticed that I sneezed right into Tyler’s face.

“I’m so sorry!” I quickly apologized while trying to hold back in the laugh that was fighting to escape. I felt really bad but at the same time, Tyler’s face which was screwed up in disgust was just hilarious.

“You’re nasty.” Tyler exclaimed with disgust, wiping his face.

“Oops.” I giggled out, finding this funny.

I don’t know how to describe how Tyler looked like other than, he gave me flat eyes. “You just sneezed germs all over my face and you find it funny? You don’t feel slightly bad?” Tyler gave me a faux crying look by burying his face in his hands.

“I do feel bad Tyler! It’s just, it’s funny!”

“Hmph. Meanie.”

I pouted. I can tell Tyler was pretending to be upset but now I was worrying if he was using that to hide his actual disgust. If that made any sense.

“Tyler! I really didn’t mean it!” I cried. “I feel bad, really!”

He responded by putting his hand in my face.

“Tyler! Are you pretending to be upset at me or is that a façade to hide that you’re actually mad?”

He still didn’t respond so I was desperately trying to get his attention. “Tyler! Please don’t be upset with-”

I was cut off with Tyler’s hand covering my mouth.

“Shut up. I was kidding geez. If you actually been around my friends or roommates, you would know I’ve been through worse than being sneezed on.”