Chapter Twenty-Three!

Adelynn’s POV

I woke up in the nurse’s room. I knew that because I just fainted. I wasn’t in the hospital since there was no beeping sound and I was surrounded by white. Also, I saw the school nurse sitting in a chair about a few feet away from me fixing some documents which I am assuming to be medical documents.

Duh! You are in the nurse’s office or medical room. Hence medical. Of course she’s looking at medical documents. Are you that stupid?

I roll my eyes at myself. If there were cameras in this room and someone saw me rolling my eyes out of nowhere, that would be enough proof to back up the fact that I’m slightly crazy. And geez, even when I just woke up from fainting, it would never be a bad time for my brain to be mean to me.

When I shifted in the bed to sit up, the nurse turned around and made her way across the room to me.

“Oh honey, you fainted before.”

“I know.” I responded weakly.

“You had a high fever and I called your parents but they said they can’t make it here as fast since they’re out of town for a business meeting. They’re calling someone else. I think his name is Tyson or something.”

“Tyler.” I corrected her, feeling tired.

“How do you feel?”

“Tired. My head still hurts.”

“When you go home, make sure you rest and here are some Tylenol to ease that headache of yours and to reduce that fever you have.” She gave me the pills and a small cup filled with water which I took gratefully and drank.

“Thank you.” I lied back down on the bed and closed my eyes. I wasn’t going to sleep but I was resting my eyes until Tyler came.

Not five minutes later, someone burst through the nurse’s office, making my eyes snap open. The person spoke with a panicked voice. “Is Addy okay? Where is she?”

“I’m right here.” I told Tyler and he quickly snapped his head in my direction. “Are you okay?”

I nodded and I saw him visibly relax. I laughed at him and so did the nurse. “What?” He asked.

“You’re so worried!” I said, chuckling.

“Is he your boyfriend?” The nurse questioned. “You got yourself a handsome young man.” She added and then decided to not so discreetly wink at me which made me blush.

“No he-” I got cut off mid-sentence by the one and only Tyler Jones.

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend and I’m very much worried about her.” Tyler said to the nurse, which I have no idea what her name is even though I’ve been in this school for four years. The nurse nodded in approval.

“I can see that you’re worried about her.”

“Can I take her home or do I have to sign some more documents? I signed her out in the main office already.” Tyler asked the nurse in a very polite tone.

“No, you can leave now. Take care Adelynn.”

I shot the nurse a smile before I was pulled out of the room, with Tyler’s arm around my waist. I heard the nurse say before I was out of earshot, “So cute.”

I blushed even more at this. When we were out of the school, I pulled away from Tyler’s grip.

“What the hell! We are not boyfriend and girlfriend!” I yelled at him.