Chapter Nine!

Adelynn’s POV

Alright. I have no idea what was wrong with Mike. Ever since Sunday, he’s never left my side unless we had different classes which were none. Yup, that’s right, we even had the lunch period together.

Maybe we’re meant to be. My brain spoke.

My heart swelled at this idea and my insides jumped but I couldn’t get my hopes up. Mike was still a player. He wouldn’t settle down for just anyone. That girl had to be perfect and well, that girl wasn’t me. Even though now that I knew the reason why no guys talked to me at all, that doesn’t mean my self esteem will miraculously jump to an all time high. I was still self conscious and the opposite of confident.

I snuck out of my Global class, seeing that Mike was talking to his friend, Daniel. It was the end of the day and I wanted to go to the bus stop first and go home. This way, Mike would know that I was home and maybe he would hang out with his friends. Don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t avoiding Mike.

I wanted him to talk to his friends and hang out with them instead of walking by my side almost all the time. So don’t jump to conclusions because it’s not that I didn’t want him with me because I really did. Who wouldn’t want their crush to be by their side at all times? It’s just that I felt like he changed a little. To me, it was in a good way but for his friends, a bad change.

Mike stopped texting with that smirk on his face that told me the perverted thoughts swimming in his head when he texted other girls. Even in the morning, he walked me to class so I was no longer walking alone. At lunch, he sat with Mels, Austen and I instead of sitting with a bunch of girls that sat way to close to him. When girls jumped on him, he had a look of annoyance on his face and told them to stop calling him Mikey with a tone of all seriousness.

He still flirted with some people nonetheless but he stopped like, I don’t know. Kissing them and stuff like that. He doesn’t even go out in the night anymore and just watches me do my homework on my bed then we eat dinner and watch something on the television. I was a nice change but I felt like I was taking his life away. At this thought, I rushed out the door, trying to escape Mike, until I crashed into someone.

Oomph.

I fell on my butt which now felt sore and my notebooks and pens were scattered all around the floor around me.

My butt hurt when I touched it so I knew a bruise was going to appear. I grimaced. A bruise on my butt? That would be painful and would hurt if I sit down. Hopefully, it’ll be a slight bruise.

I looked up to see who was mean enough to crash into me and not even say sorry or even help pick up my stuff. As I turned my head up, I was greeted by the chocolate eyes that I used to adore. Now, I felt disgust and hurt looking at it.

“Sorry.” I grumbled, not really wanting to talk to him as I crawled on all fours, scrambling to collect my stuff that fell on the floor. I kept my head down, not daring to look up because well, I didn’t know how to face him. How do you face a guy that cheated on you? Give him a huge smile and say, ‘Hey? How’s your day so far?’

Yeah, no.

When I put back all the stuff in my bag, I just realized that I crawled on the floor like a dog. I felt embarrassment wash over me. I got up and wished with all my heart that Alex was gone but I didn’t wish hard enough and well, I wasn’t a witch or had any special powers to make Alex disappear. He was still there standing with his arms crossed and a confident look on his face. I used to feel go all goo goo eyes at his confident look because I found it damn sexy but I wasn’t going to fall for his charms now that I knew better.