Chapter Thirty-One!

Adelynn’s POV

My heart is broken. Tears relentlessly streamed down my face and it just couldn’t stop. My vision was blurred and I had to wipe my tears away constantly. When I saw Mike on top of Heather, especially with Heather nearly naked, I couldn’t help but to think the worst. Then she kissed him and that did it.

Of course this would happen. Who was I kidding? Of course he would choose Heather over me. Heather was beautiful, perfection really. I was just there, an average stupid naïve girl that thought that her player of a best friend would change just for her.

I felt so stupid for thinking that Mike did love me. He looked so honest when he told me that and I trusted him with my life. I guess I was wrong. So here I was, crying like a big mess. The taxi driver asked me if I was okay and I responded with what sounded like a weird high pitched bark. He soon left me alone to sniff and wipe my tears by myself in the back.

As soon as I got home, I ran up to my room, glad to know that my parents were sleeping soundlessly in their room. I sobbed uncontrollably, digging my head into my pillow to muffle my cries. My heart felt like a pain I never felt before. I know I said that many times, with Alex cheating on me and with Mike telling me to go away. No, I was sure this time was the most painful out of those options.

I felt like scratching my heart out of my chest. I wanted it to stop hurting but whenever I thought about Mike, my chest hurt so much like someone was digging their fingers into my heart and squeezing it. The pain would not go away for even a second. I took out my ipod, hoping to find relief in music.

I closed my eyes and put my ipod on shuffle. I wanted to listen to One Direction but I didn’t feel like being happy. Their songs made me smile and I just wanted to be sad a little longer. I don’t know if that was weird but that’s how I felt.

I shouldn’t have put my ipod on shuffle though because soon, Don’t Say Goodbye by Olly Murs came on.

But we fell so hard and it felt so right

So don’t let it all end here tonight

And we could fall all over again

I sobbed into my pillowcase, staining it with my salty tears because that was exactly how I felt. The song was perfect for describing my feelings. Everything felt right with Mike and I so badly didn’t want it to end. But I was scared. I didn’t want to be cheated on just like how Alex did and it happened. I don’t want to make a stupid decision and let it happen one more time. If Mike let it happen once, what would stop him from doing it again?

I lift my head up and turn it to the side, looking out at Mike’s window. It was pitch black inside. Did he really not care and went back to doing whatever he was doing with Heather?

I thought Heather was my friend. I thought she would never do that. I thought Mike would be loyal to me. I shook my head as more tears blurred my vision. Suddenly through the blurriness, I saw a glow from outside the window. I wiped away the tears, with a now cleared up vision, I saw that the light to Mike’s room was turned on.

Mike suddenly appeared in my view and he looked like he had cried. I knew that look he had whenever he cried. His eyebrows would have that slant to it and his eyes would be full of hopelessness and lost. I hated that I might’ve caused that look in his eyes, that I made him cry. But he also caused me more hurt that he could ever imagine. The pain of my heart breaking.

Mike mouthed the words, “let me explain.” The sadness swimming in his lovely midnight eyes were glazing over with wetness, like an ocean was engulfing those eyes.