.:|Four|:.

Gideon nodded his head, taking in everything, analytically going over every instance that his brother had gone off. Nothing was adding up to the usual Cayden-way. He was careless and truly was one not to care for what trouble he would start. Alas this was something more than he would even dare to throw Gideon's way.

"Samuel. Gather the best trackers that we have. We are going on a hunt." Gideon turned away from Samuel to stare back out at the crashing waves of the sea.

"Yes, sir."

Samuel didn't wait for a word of dismissal, instead he briskly took his leave. Gideon was left with nothing but the sounds of the ocean battering the shore and his own thoughts, which on any normal night would be a scary thought as it was. Although tonight wasn't a normal night, another faction was messing with his blood and Gideon wasn't going to take it lightly.

A rumbling growl emerged from deep within Gideon's chest as he thought about who could possibly be the culprit. His mind seemed to run in five hundred directions, but all the possibilities of anyone stupid enough to mess with his pack was very limited. The vampires were split into two separate covens, although one of them hasn't been heard from since the actual split. The other wolf packs knew about Cayden and his wondering eyes and would call Gideon out of curtesy when they spotted him. And the witches were a pricey bunch of broads that were hard set to empty any all who were paying's wallet.

Gideon lifted his eyes to the night sky; watching, searching for anything that would give him solace about his brother's disappearance. Staring into the great beyond of the entrancing never ending nebula, Gideon's mind went over every detail again and again in his head, just hoping that with each new scour of the information he might find another clue that was over looked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Roman! Where have you been?" A petite woman with fiery red hair nearly screamed the question to the golden-haired man who had just come through the main doors. His pace never slowed as he ignored her question, moving quickly with the burden of the unconscious woman in his arms.

"Not now Mia." The red head huffed at the nonchalance of the man walking passed her.

"Roman! Who is that woman? Where have you been? You better answer me gosh darn it! I'm your sister!" Mia stamped her foot, demanding her questions be answered by her brother.

"Mia, I don't have time for your games. Lillian is nearly frozen, I need to get her warmed up. Even our bodies can only take so much damage." Roman continued down the hallway, not caring if Mia followed him or not.

"Lillian? You don't mean The Lillian?" Mia's voice went shrill as she asked the question, nearly squealing. Roman gave a brisk grunt in approval as he continued down the hallway, heading for the doorway that was at the end. Deciding that keeping her mouth shut and following her brother was her best bet, Mia did just that. Solemnly she followed behind her brother watching the face of the nearly frozen woman in his arm.

'Is it really her? Have we really found her this time?'

Mia had slowly started to linger further and further from Roman, until he was already out of sight and his footsteps could no longer be heard. Caught in her thoughts, she was startled when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her middle from behind, pulling her against the chest of a man.

"Mayken!" Her startled cry escaped her mouth as she nearly jumped out of her skin. A deep growl resembling a chuckle vibrated through the male's chest as he held her small framed body close, burying his nose into her hair. Turning in his arms, Mia captured his lips with her own. Deeping the kiss, she ran her fingers through his thick black hair. Breaking the kiss, she rested her forehead against his chest, breathing like she had just ran a thousand miles.

"Mayken. It's finally happening. Everything that we have been waiting for is now about to fall into place. We found her."