.:Nine:.

As the minutes passed, Mia never left Lillian's side, as she rubbed soothing circles on the younger woman's back. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, Lillian finally met Mia's gaze, the very one that she had been avoiding. The bright pink flush that bloomed across Lillian cheeks, telling Mia everything that she needed to know. Smiling brightly at Lillian, Mia stopped rubbing her back, quickly pulling her into a tight embrace.

"You have nothing to fear from me." Pulling back, Mia brushed a few strands of Lillian's hair behind her ear. "Let's get you something to eat. I will explain everything to the best of my knowledge after our meal."

Nodding, Lillian followed the fiery red-head's suggestions as she gave her firm but bubbly opinions on her clothing choice. A soft cherry-blossom pink summer dress was borrowed from Mia's closet as it complimented Lillian soft pink underlying color. Looking at herself in the mirror, Lillian could see the different shades of blonde shining in through the artificial light of the bathroom. Dragging the borrowed brushed through her semi-dried locks, she contemplated the length of her hair. As if Mia had heard her inner thoughts, she spoke.

"Your hair is truly beautiful. I have seen very few natural blondes' with the color range that you have. Any woman would be envious of the length of your hair too. I know I am!" Mia sifted her fingers through the soft strands of Lillian's hair, watching the different tones of gold and white shimmer in the light, as they settled back in their original place on her back.

Reaching around, Lillian pulled the light golden strands over her shoulder. Parting the silken strands, she woven them into a tight braid, before tying the end off with a strong elastic. Swishing the thick braid over her shoulder, Lillian stretched her arms over her head as she reached for the heaven.

"Have you ever cut your hair?" Mia was perched on the counter top beside the sink as she watched Lillian work her hair.

"Never." The single word left Lillian's mouth as she tucked her shorter strands of her bangs behind her ears, glancing at Mia. "I was never allowed to cut my hair. I don't have a lot of memories of my mother, because she worked so much. He never..."

Lillian stopped speaking mid-sentence, her pupils dilating as her mind travelled from the present to the wicked dark past. Mia hopped off the counter, quickly turning Lillian to face her. With a strong grip on the blonde's shoulders, Mia gave a firm shake. Lillian's eyes focused on those bright blue orbs of Mia's, a broken sound ripping from her throat. Lillian buried her face in Mia's shoulder, tears over flowing once more.

"Lillian, I understand all the terror and heartbreak that you have gone through. But when I tell you that you are safe. I mean it. That despicable excuse for a man will never come near you again." Looking up into Mia's eyes, Lillian nodded her head.

"Now dry those tears and let us get some food!"