26

I Came Home From Work To See The Twins Running Around , The House Was A Mess. Arts And Craft Shit All In The Living Room And I Could See Dishes Piled Up In The Kitchen Sink.

"Clean The Living Room , And Stop All That Running Y'all Asses Know Better!" I Yelled. They Froze And Quickly Went To The Living Room.

I Went To The Bedroom To See Jay Knocked Out With Earplugs In His Ears. Is This Nigga Serious Right Now?

"Wake Up!" I Yelled Pushing Him

"What The Fuck" He Said Taking Out His Ear Plugs.

"Do You Really Need Me To Start Bitching?!" I Yelled Dropping My Purse On The Bed As I Stripped Out Of My Clothes.

He Sucked His Teeth "What You Talking About?"

"My Kids Running Around My Dirty Ass House Like They Apart Of The Damn Circus And You In Here Sleeping With Eat Plugs In Your Damn Ear Like For Real?!"

"Look I Was Tired , I Needed A Little Nap And They Wouldn't Listen To Me They Kept Being Loud So I Put The Ear Plugs In" He Said

"Jay Do You Not Realize Anything Coulda Fucking Happen To My Children?! " I Yelled Going Into The Bathroom Turning On The Shower.

"Bey , Everything Is Fi-"

"Are You High?" I Said

"A Little"

Jay Rarely Smoked But When He Smoked Weed It Was To Relive Stress.

"Is This Because Jr?" I Asked

He Rubbed His Head "Yeah, Look I'm Sorry. It's Been Hard Not Having Brooklyn Or Corey To Watch Them And Micah Barely Can Because He's Involved In School Activities And What Not"

I Nodded My Head , I Wrapped My Arms Around Him "I Love You" He Kissed My Lips.

"Now Go Feed My Babies Shawn" He Licked His Lips Leaving The Bedroom Door.

After I Took A Shower The Kids Was Getting Ready For Bed. Micah Was At The Table Eating The Last Slice Of The Oven Pizza Jay Made.

"Hey Baby" I Smiled Weakly Taking A Seat Next To Him.

"Hey Ma" He Simply Said Taking Another Bite Of His Pizza.

"How You Holding Up Since Jr's Funeral?" I Asked Softly

"I'm Doing Fine, What About You?"

"I'm Doing Okay"

"Did You Know Today I Had My Last Game Today?"
Micah Said

"Awww Baby , I'm So Sorry I Forgot" I Said Feeling So Bad.

"I'm Used To It" He Said Grabbing His Plate To The Sink.

"Micah-"

"No Its Fine , I've Done My Research. Middle Kids Bemoan Their Fate As Being Ignored And Often Grow Resentful Of All The Parental Attention Given To The Oldest And The Baby Of The Family, And Feel Short-Shifted"He Explained Shrugging

Micah Was Too Smart For His Damn Good "You Have To Realize Your Father And I Have Jobs And Have To Take Care Of All Of You And Its Not Easy"

"I Know , You Missed A Lot Of Stuff For The Past Few Weeks. Oh And I Got Into The I.B Program So"

"That's Good Baby , I'm Proud Of You" I Smiled Walking Over To Him Hugging Him.

"I Might Do It , Not Sure"

"Micah Your Gonna Do It" I Said

"Can I Go To Room?"

I Nodded And Watched Him Head To His Room. "Mommy We're Done Brushing Our Teeth" Zayden Said Smiling Hard So I Can See His Teeth.

"Good Babies" I Smiled Weakly As We Walked To Their Room. I Kissed Them Goodnight And Left Going Into My Room.

"We Gotta Do Something About Micah" I Said

"I Know , He's Thinking About Dropping Out After He Turns 16"

"What? Jay You Better Have Talked Him Out Of It" I Said

"I'm Trying"

"God We're Horrible Parents" I Said Shaking My Head

"No We're Not"

"Yes We Are , We Missed His Last Few Games. We Haven't Even Picked Him Up From His SGA Meetings On Wednesday's Or Debate Club On Thursday's...We've Been Focused On Everything Else Except Him" I Said As Tears Started To Fall Down My Cheeks.

"Baby" He Said Embracing Me

"Its Not Your Fault" He Said

"He Was So Nonchalant About The Way We've Been Treating Him Jay"

"Because He's Mature Enough To Handle Situations And Understand Things Bey"
****
Corey Answered The Door And We Walked In. Corey Wanted To Hang Out With Micah. Jay And I Wrote Him A Check Just To Hold Him Down Until He Figures Out His Finical Problems.

"What The Hell She Doing Here?" I Asked Pointing At Kelly. She Was Sitting On The Couch.

"I Think We Should Talk Bey" She Said Softly

"Her Lights Got Cut Off Last Night , I'm Helping Her Out" He Said

"Where's Amaya?"

"Still Sleep , I'll See You Later" He Said Kissing My Cheek.

"Bye Babies" I Said Kissing Micahs Cheek Before They Left Out The Door.

"We Have Nothing To Talk About" I Said

"Bey Just Hear Me Out" She Said

"What" I Said

"I Know Your Still Mad At Me And What I'm About To Say Isn't Gonna Make This Friendship Better But...Amaya Isn't Corey's " She Said Softly

"Oh I Know You Fucking Lying" I Said

"That Night You Picked Me Up From The Motel I Kinda Lied...He Got Drunk And Raped Me"

"But You Was Beat Up" I Said

"I Tried Really Hard For Him To Stop So He Beat Me Up...I Was Too Afraid To Tell You Because...I Didn't Want You To Think Any Less Than Me. I've Always Thought Amaya Was Corey's I Was Sure Of It But In The Back Of My Mind I've Always Have A Thought That Amaya Might Be Cameron's...So I Had Took A Piece Of Her And I Got Corey's From His Brush And Found Out Last Week That Amaya Wasn't His...I Can't Tell Him Th-"

"My Ass Has Had Five Kids , I'm Too Old To Be Beating Bitches Asses. You Had My Son Stop His Education To Take Care Of A Child He Thought Was His And You Ju-" I Got Heated Just Hearing What I Was Saying And Saw Red , I Punched Her And Started Kicking Her , I Got On Top Of Her And Started Punching Her Again. I Picked The Right Damn Day To Wear Rings.

"Daddy?" I Heard , I Quickly Got Off Of Kelly. She Started Coughing. I Seen Amaya Shadow On The Wall As She Was About To Turn The Corner To Walk Down The Stairs.

"Trifling , Dirty Ass Hoe. You Disgust Me" I Said Leaving Out The Door Before Amaya Could Come Down The Stairs.
--------------------------------------
A/N

I Bet Y'all Forgot About Cameron And How Kelly Was In A Abusive Relationship 🙃