32

june 10th

DALLY's POV

  I softly knock on my bedroom door, peeking in on Grace. I walk over to the bed and cover the sleeping Grace with a blanket, leaving a note next to her saying where ill be. I walk out of my shitty bedroom in the shitty apartment my shitty father pays for. the crisp air bites my nose as I start walking to Johnny's. My mind starts wondering and I think about Elena. Tears sting my eyes as I start to run to johnny's, running away from the thoughts of her.
When I get to his house, all the lights are off. I decide to text him before knocking, in case his parents were home.
Dally: you inside?
Johnny: yeah, no ones home.
Johnny: come in back door.
I walk around to the back and walk in. His house is freezing and smells like alcohol. I walk up the stairs and down the hall to johnny's room.
"hey" a shirtless johnny says to me as I walk in.
"hey" I say sadly. I sit on the opposite corner of the bed and he hands me a flask. I half smile and take a giant swig before handing it back to him.
"i really fucked up man" I said.
"yes, yes you did" he replied.
I take my shoes and jacket off and lay down on the bed. I take more sips from the flask as he lays down next to me. we talk for a while, about nothing specific. I couldn't stop thinking about Elena.
"i really broke her heart." I say out loud, interrupting whatever johnny was talking about.
he looked at me with his sad brown eyes. "you really loved her, didn't you?" he asks.
I nodded.
"ill be right-" johnny begins as he starts to get up,
"no, don't leave" I say, pulling him back to the bed. We're head level now, and we stare into each other's eyes for a minute.
Then he kisses me. Softly at first, the pulling away quickly as he realizes what he just did.
"you and elena?" he begins.
"are over" I finish, grabbing him and pulling him closer to me. I kiss him back, harder than before. all the hurt and emotions I was feeling about Elena were starting to fade. next thing I know, I'm taking of my clothes and hes doing the same.
"Should we being doing this?" he asks, I kiss him in reply. I'm hungry, not for johnny specifically but for anything to take my mind off of Elena.
"are you sure about this?" Johnny asks, looking at me with wide eyes.
"ive never been more sure"  I whisper, kissing him harder.