47

July 7th

Elena's pov

"Breakfast, rise and shine baby girl." My dad whispers in the doorway to my childhood bedroom.
He has a bruised lip and a scar next to one of his eyebrows. He ducks out the door and down the hallway not being able to look at me any longer. I get up and look in the mirror, I have a huge purple mark on my arm and a red slap mark on my face. I slowly walk down the steps not wanting to look at Ellen or my dad. I know he could stop her and he knows that too, I could stop her too, I guess we are both to afraid of what might happen if we try.
When I come out into the dining room Ellen is sitting at one end of the table and my Father at the other. I sit in the only other seat that has a plate.
Ellen sighs and pulls my phone out of her pocket.
"Dally and Grace have been texting you none stop, I know Grace but who is Dally?" Ellen says angrily.
"He's my ex, why does it matter to you?" I reply Cooley.
"Also the group chat I removed you so no need to worry about that." She hissed.
I could feel myself getting upset, but I don't want to explode and get punished for it so I bite my lip.
"Ah look another text from Grace, it says, 'is this about me sleeping with Dally, are you still upset about it?'" Ellen taunts.
"Please let me answer them and tell them everything is fine, please Ellen." I beg.
"No honey it's fine I'll respond for you." She laughs.
" 'Yes I'm still upset, I don't think I'll ever be over it I can't stand you please never ever text me again bye.' Does that sound good enough." She scoffed.
Tears sting at my eyes I want to scream I want her to stop but I can't stick up for myself, I never stick up for myself.
"Oops already sent it." Elena giggles. " she responded let's read what it says ' Oh okay, if that's how you really feel I'll stop, bye' awww so sad" Ellen smirked.
I turn towards my dad, he looks away fast not wanting to get involved. I finally let the tears fall down my face.
"I'll text Dally too!" Ellen smiled her evil smile. " 'hey dally we aren't ever going to work out you and me, because I tried not to but I really fucking hate you your such a dick all the time and I'd rather not be with someone like that, I'll be lucky if I never see you again, ever.' And sent, ah isn't this just so much fun." Ellen snickered.
"Now up to your room no food!" She yells.
I quickly stand up and run to my room not wanting any food. I jump onto my bed and smash my face into my pillow and let it all out.