49

July 20th

Elena's pov

I've been here for to long I think looking at myself in the mirror. I need to get out. I need to escape. I need to go now. I need to. I have to. I don't think I can take it anymore. I'm going to break. I'm already broken. My sprained wrist hurts. My black and purple eye is in pain. My heart is shattered. I can't do it. I need help. But there is no help. I need to get out. I need to escape. I will escape. Tonight.
I walk downstairs I need to get my phone and I need to leave. I come into the library and my dad is sitting at the desk reading a book.
"I need your help, do you know where she hides my phone and can you help me get it?" I whisper so that only he can hear.
He stares up at me for a few seconds and I wait for a response. He looks around the room to see if it's safe to talk.
"It's in our room, on top of the dresser, I'll distract her while you go get it." He whispers almost to low for me to hear.
He stands up and exits the room I follow, he searches the house for Ellen and I run back up into my room. Once I hear screaming coming from downstairs I run as fast as I can without making any sounds into their room. I search the room with my eyes, I grab my phone from off the dresser and run down the steps and out the door. I can hear footsteps chasing me so I start to run faster, I turn a few corners and finally lose the person that was behind me.
I walk to the train station and buy a ticket to get back to Tulsa.
I get there around 1am in the morning, I hop on a bus and it drops me off a few blocks away from my apartment. When I get inside I sneak to my room hoping Grace wouldn't hear me.
I plop down on my bed and immediately fall asleep.