45

July 6th

Elena's pov

I sit on my bed thinking about the conversation I just had with Ellen. I shouldn't let her be treating me this way, I turn 18 tomorrow I'm not a kid anymore. I should be able to stick up for myself yet I can't. I hope off my bed and grab my suitcase out from my closet. Grace is over at Soda's and she should be there for a while. I pack up everything that I might need, but not to much just to be safe. It's only been 40 minutes and I'm already packed and ready to go. I stare at my phone debating if I should tell anyone or not.

Elena: hey guys I'm going out tonight sorry if I don't respond :)
Pony: okay have fun
Two-bit: yeah but not to much fun ;)
Dally: please be safe
Grace: ^^
Elena: will do by guys

I turn off my phone and drag my suitcase outside. Around 10 minutes later the limo pulls up. The driver comes out and puts my bag in the back, then he opens up the door for me and I think about running back into the apartment. I climb into the limo and he shuts the door, it's starts moving and I close my eyes trying not to think about what might happen.
I guess I fell asleep because when I open my eyes all I see out the window are skyscrapers. We must already be in New York, great.
After a few minutes of looking out the window there are less skyscrapers and more houses. The driver turns and the houses start to become recognizable, my old neighborhood. I feel goosebumps through my whole body. Then I see it, I see my old house, the one I lived in almost my whole life. The limo stops and the driver opens up my door, I step out and stare up at the humorous house. It's a lot bigger than I remember it. The driver pulls my bag out and walks it up to the front step. He knocks at the door and a few moments later Ellen swings it open a deep scowl on her face.
"Finally 4 minutes late may I add, take that up to her room now!" Ellen yells to the limo driver
"No need to yell at him, he was driving for a long time." I whisper already being nervous.
"Who do you think you are tell me what to do!" She yells once again.
She grabs me by my hair and pulls me into the house hard.
Still holding my hair she whisper yells "If you back talk me again, you won't be able to walk!"
I feel a tear slip from my eye as old memories come rushing back. She slaps me across the face and I fall to the ground my phone flying out of my pocket.
"No crying!" She burst "And this phone is mine!"
More tears stream down my face as a lay on the ground watching her walk away.