Coffee&Surprises

Ari P.O.V.

We went outdoor, me and my little brother, to the nearby playground and cafe. It was still early considering the clock on my phone screen showed only little past 10 am. I was starting to actually get sleepy, well my body at least showed the signs. You know the signs of yawning every 5 minutes and eyes starting to mess with you. „I need cup of coffee soon or I'm going to fall asleep. " I said to Wataru with a little smile, who pointed towards little cafe what was in rather conviently placed right at the other side of playground area. „You can play for a while and then we can go have something sweet there if you promise you will eat everything on your dinner plate. I'll call. "I said and he nodded. And then went to play with other kids on the playground. I sat on the bench nearby and took out my earphones and plugged them in my phone where I pressed play on my music player and started to listen Eminem song called When I'm gone. I really like that song. I kind of felt protective over Wataru and he's basically only one who keeps me in that family because if he started to hate me I had nothing to live for. And right now I don't know what would happen to me if he started to hate me. I pushed the repeat button and started to silently sing along the song. I missed few first lines but then I got in sync.

When they know they're your heart

And you know you are their armor

And you will destroy anyone who would try to harm him (her)

But what happens when karma

Turns right around and bites you

And everything you stand for turns on you to spite you

What happens when you become the main source of his (her) pain.

I stopped singing along, stopping to think about it. What would happen if I really become the main source of his pain...would I run and hide or will I end it there? I watched as he played smiling like everyone else on that playground and yet here I was fighting my own thoughts again. I feel the familiar itching on my lower stomach; trying to ignore it I push my nails into my palms. Soon I relise there's something wet on my palms and I look at them seeing crimson liquid seeping out of 10 little nail like wounds. And I let it trip feeling slightly better not the same high as really cutting but it is quieting my thoughts for now and I looked at the playing little boy again. Glancing at my phone I notice it's almost half 12. Have we really been here and hour and half already? I walk towards Wataru and tap on his shoulder and when he looked up he smiled „Are we going to cafe now? " And I nodded hiding my hands in hoodie pockets smiling at him. He said bye to all his friends and run towards the edge of the play ground until I got there. „Let's gross the road now,"I said to the boy who looked at the car that stopped at red light. Wataru and I walked to other side and I took out my wallet and checked my hand what stopped bleeding. „Go take a seat, I'll be right with you I need to use bathroom first. " He nodded and I saw him enter a room and I went to wash my still bloody hands even though the blood was tried it was plain to see what had happened and I didn't Wataru to see it. I cleaned my hands and then went to look where Wataru was and he was already sitting on the end of the room behind the table looking at the menu. „So do you know what you want? "I asked as I sat down on the stool opposite to his and he nodded. Not long the waiter came and I ordered a black coffee and Wataru ordered ice cream cocktail and chocolate cake. „Is that all, the waitress asked? "And we both nodded at the same and she walked away. „So all sweet? If I hear that you didn't eat your vegetables at dinner what will that mean? "I asked and he looked at me at first with big eyes then answered „I can't sleep in your room next 2 weeks and you won't come with me to playground in that time. " And I nodded „I will eat everything on my plate. " I only smiled as waitress brought my coffee and Wataru ice cream cocktail and his cake. He started to eat right away and I drank my coffee. „Did you send your song yesterday" he suddenly asked and I shook my head „I forgot? I do it as soon we get home. "And he nodded and ate his cake while making little noises and saying how good the cake was and after the cake was gone he drank his cocktail and we were ready to leave. I waved the waitress over and asked for check and she brought it paid it and we left. Walking home trough playground only stopping at swings „Can you push me on the swings few times and then we can go home. " I nodded and he claimed on and I pushed him few times and then waited till the swing stopped and Wataru got off. We walked home and as we entered the gate I spot big truck coming towards it. Masaomi was outside waiting. „Welcome back. " He said and I smiled and nodded then yawned again covering it with my hand. And for a second I felt light headed and quickly leaned against the gate and smiled. „Are you okay? " Wataru asked and I nodded „Coffee hasn't had time to work its wonders yet. " I said and he nodded still having little worry in his eyes. „Are you going to wait for our soon to be stepsister? " I asked Wataru and he nodded „I'm Going inside, "I said to Wataru „It was nice of you to greet us. " I said to Masaomi and left to inside the house little swaying. As I got inside I went for stairs but just before I could climb them I collapsed. „Ari? " I heard male voice before it went all black.