Blood before Chocolate

Wataru P.O.V.

I was in the living room where everyone was talking to Ema. She was so sweet to me but I could see it. See the fakeness around her yet I smiled. I heard my brothers trying to flirt with her and I found it a little bit odd because she's going to be our step sister. Then I heard the door and soon after I saw Snow. He froze for a second when he saw Ema and started to walk backward away from everyone. „Ari! Come meet Ema Hinata, our soon to be step sister. "Masaomi said loud enough to make everyone look at Snow and he ran up the stairs. I knew something was wrong, Snow never really runs away like that, he's always been polite one in our family. I rose from my seat to go after Snow only to hear Ema say quietly "How rude." And right after I heard most of my brothers agreeing except Masaomi and Ukyo. I ran up the stairs and to Snow's door what was locked. I knocked many times then rang a bell but nothing. He didn't answer and that got me worried. "You always answer. Why not now?" I knocked few more times and it didn't work and I decided to call Masaomi. Maybe he could help and run down stairs again with tears in eyes I jumped in Masaomi lap and whispered in his ear "Ari won't open the door." He looked at me "Maybe he wants to be alone for a while." I shook my head and cried harder "So-som-something I-i-i-is wrong." I now sobbed and then again hearing others in the room "He's just rude and a loser. Probably just being emo in his room" Tsubaru said and almost everyone laughed. I looked at Ukyo and he stood and I got off Masaomi's lap and ran towards stairs waiting for my second oldest brother to follow me. He did and we walked up the stairs. To the last floor and I went to Ari's door again and knocked and knocked. Nothing happened and then I rang the bell twice and still nothing. "He always answers if you ring twice," I said to Ukyo who nodded and took out the key to Ari's room. He had all the duplicate keys to clean the rooms. We opened the door only to see no one in the room but the room was slightly in a mess and that was unusual. "Ari?" I called out not hearing the answer, walking towards his bathroom to check it I noticed that door was locked also. I knocked the door and soon heard "Just a minute..." It was so quiet that I almost missed it. Then there was a sound like a mirror breaking and a thump. I knocked at the door again, giving worried look at Ukyo who had the same look. "Ari, open the door or I'll open it myself," Ukyo said loudly and when there was no answer, he took out the trusty keys again and unlocked the door, pushing me away from the door a little. Then was heard a gasp from Ukyo and "Wataru call Masaomi, hurry." And I ran to find my oldest brother.

Ukyo P.O.V.

I sat in the living room with my brothers and Ema. She is really a sweet little girl. I'm happy that she's going to be out step sister. So innocent and angelic and pretty. I wish I could marry her but she's going to be our step sister soon. I then heard Masaomi say „Ari! Come meet Ema Hinata, our soon to be step sister. "And I looked up noticing Ari backing away and then he ran up the stairs. I heard my brothers starting to say things about Ari that weren't true and then Wataru ran to stairs after Ari. That's not how Ari would act. What am I missing here? I heard more how my younger brothers said bad things about Ari to Ema, who only smiled and laughed.

Soon Wataru was back with tears in his eyes and I felt something was off. The familiar cold waves passed through me again. Watching how Wataru tried to get Masaomi's attention but everyone just joked around. Then Wataru looked at me and I nodded. I hope I'm wrong but these cold waves have occurred before when Ari fainted earlier. I walked to where Wataru was and we went up the stairs to the last level where our rooms were. When arriving he knocked and rang the bell twice saying "He always answers if you ring twice." But there wasn't a sound so I took out the keys I always had on me to all the rooms. I clean them so I had access to all the rooms in the house. I opened the room only to find it empty and messier than I've ever seen the room. There were books on the floor and the papers I stacked were there also some now all wrinkled and then I spotted a box that was open and half way out under the bed. But that's about it. Ari always had the cleanest room in the house. So I often only had to collect the papers around the piano and from the floor. So seeing it like this was concerning. Then I heard shrill sound of something like glass breaking from the bathroom and looking at Wataru he had a new wave of tears in his eyes and I went to the door "Ari, open the door or I'll open it myself." I didn't get any answer and I pushed Wataru little bit away so I could open the door and when I did, I wished I didn't see what I did. "Wataru call Masaomi, hurry," I said only to block the view for him, taking my phone and calling an ambulance. It was too awful for such a little kid. When he left I went to Ari. He was bleeding, his hands were bloody and so was his stomach. Mirror in the room was shattered and blood was on the previously white floor. "I'm sorry, I made a mess, and I'll clean it up." He said trying to sit up but falling back down I was trying to stop some of the bigger cuts from bleeding. "Stay down, paramedics will arrive soon." I said "You shouldn't have to, I'm fine. I just...need...a little...rest." He said smiling and closed his eyes. No no no, don't fall asleep. I have to keep him awake."Ari, talk to me, what happened?" I asked but I didn't get an answer, soon I heard Masaomi enter and then there was "Ari?" panic filled voice calling the boy whose wounds I tried to stop. "Paramedics, are they here?" I asked Masaomi and as if getting what I meant he left. Soon after the paramedics were in Ari's room and put him in the carrier and went towards the elevator and I followed them to hallway locking air's door to anyone. Paramedics went to the elevator and I used the stairs and when I reached the first floor I noticed the living room doors were closed and there was talking and laughing like nothing happened and then there was the sound of crying and I knew it belonged to Wataru. I exited the apartment building and to the ambulance car. And to the hospital, we rode. Seeing the paramedics trying to save my little brother.

2