Unexpected Connections

Ari P.O.V.

I walked through the town I lived almost all my life in. There were short periods of time I lived elsewhere. Walking on empty streets that are still dark with few flickering lights here and there was relaxing. Quiet and soothing, probably many would find it creepy but since very early age I've always found peace in sort of loneliness that was surrounding me right now. Maybe it was because it somehow matched my personality...maybe. As I walked in the direction where my house would be I noticed that I actually missed the chance to get coffee from gas station few streets ago, then I remembered that I didn't have any cash on me and shook my head "You're a fool, Ari. From now on attempt to keep at least little bit of money on you so this situation wouldn't occur again." I said with nearly muted sound. Street after street passed and I started to hum a song called street spirit that turned into singing it softly while walking down the street. 

After finishing the song I breathed in and out and noticed that I wasn't very far from home anymore. These streets were really familiar to me. I saw a big white house that didn't fit much in with surrounding houses considering it was in different style. It was what people here usually referred as American dream home but to me, it didn't really seem like that. It was a huge house,  spreading out in all four main directions and had only two floors and yard with a dog house and a white fence. The difference was between this house and usual family houses are, houses here usually go up with many floors but are on a rather limited property so usually, there were no yards. The residences away from the cities were larger and more traditional. As I walked by the house a hound barked once and I glanced at it nodding once. The hound turned its head to one side and then back, leaning its head back on its paws. I walked forward next to the white fenced yard towards the playground I recently visited with my youngest brother. As I reached the playground I decided little swinging wouldn't hurt, so I sat on the swing pushing little with my feet. As I sat there thinking, I didn't notice the appearance of another soul near me on the swings. I heard a rattling sound of swings chains next to me, I turned to look. I was startled, to be accurate, but tried to not display it. It was a girl not older than me or maybe even younger few years. She was rather lovely with her hairstyle. Her hair was long in the back but short bob in front. It looked so good on her that it almost cancelled out the fact that it was still way too early outside to anyone stroll around. She turned to me and smiled saying "Hello."  yet it was obvious to see that she was troubled. I answered her politely, smiling at her. For some obscure reason, I felt like I could trust her and it scared me a little. She looked at me and suddenly there was a realization in her eyes. "You're Wataru's brother aren't you?" She asked and I was surprised that she knew me. I nodded slightly suspicious of how she knows that. "My brother is Wataru's class mate and friend. I saw you the other day in this park with Wataru. I'm Bambi and you are?" She asked after a short explanation. So she's Wataru's friend's sister. "I'm Ari." I said giving a short answer "You don't talk much do you? If you don't mind can I ask you for a little push." She asked and I rose from my swing to go push her a little, shaking my head for the answer and for her topic change. It was clear to see that she didn't want to talk about personal things so I decided to keep the conversation light. "Do you like music?" I asked as I pushed her on the swings couple times before going back to my own. "I do like music, I dance." She said giggling a little "Do you always visit playgrounds around 3 am in the morning?" She asked and finally getting to know the time I said "You never know who you could meet on the playground at 3 am. Today I met a giggling girl. How about you?" I said surprising myself with the long sentence. The girl looked at me "Well not my everyday list but I couldn't sleep so decided to walk around and in deep thought, my feet brought me here. Can you believe it, I met a boy on the swings? Crazy world we live in." She said making it sound that it was worlds most exciting story ever. I couldn't help but laugh at that "It can't be true it's so extraordinarily strange." I said and it was her time to laugh "Only possible outcome is to become friends now. After all, we know so much about each other. The infinite knowledge....like a name and that our younger brothers are friends." She said and I felt that she's going to be a genuine friend "We must have tea with an army of stuffed animals and Mr Invisible Mad Hatter." I said and she nodded joyfully. "I would like that very much. You're as insane as I am." She said and looked at her phone "Aww, I have to go before my dad get's up for work, he likes to check if his children are sleeping peacefully before he leaves for work. I would like to see you again Ari, it would be nice if in daylight because not every bedtime I visit playgrounds." She said and I nodded "We'll see. If we are meant to meet again it will happen." I say waving her as she ran to the way I came from. I shook my head again, as I was smiling for getting a new friend. I rose from my swing again and decided I needed still coffee so I went towards the house I call home. As I entered the gates I realised how pleasant this place really looked for strangers. Shaking my head, I searched my pockets for house key only to realize I don't have it a few seconds later. Seriously, Ari. Twice in one morning...you forget that you have nothing in your pockets. Don't make it a habit. Where is that spare key...oh found it. Who hides it under the flower pot anyways, if I were a robber I would look there first. I would be excellent criminal, not making a sound while taking everything from the house.Focus, Ari you need coffee and not think about useless things. Mmm...coffee sounds so good. I don't understand how some people enjoy tea or worse coffee with milk and sugar on daily basis. Oh wait I drink Late sometimes when i go out to cafe. Isn't that coffee with milk? Yeah, but i don't drink it daily and mostly i drink black coffee. Okay to the kitchen... I walked towards the kitchen and took a cup and put on the coffee machine while waiting I grabbed a red apple on the counter. Coffee machine made a beeping sound and then turned off. I took my hot strong smelling coffee and walked towards living room window panes. Looking out it was seeable that clouds started to get lighter in the sky but they weren't yet showing signs that the sun would rise any minute. After 5 minutes of just holding the mug, letting the hot liquid to cool slightly, I took a sip. You never know what you enjoy, till you don't have access to it. Marvelous. I whimpered at good taste. And as I drank my cup of coffee and the apple, I needed to rest soon. I went up the stairs to the last floor and went to my door only to notice it was. "I don't have a key." I said quietly and decided to go for Wataru's room. I tapped once even though I knew he wouldn't answer because he probably slept. I entered to find him hugging the life out of the stuffed toy i got him. At first, I decided to find the hidden spare key for my room but little soft sobs made me look at my brother and I decided to go to him. As I was near enough to the bed Wataru opened his eyes and asked "Snow?" and i said "Go back to sleep, sweet heart." he nodded but moved over a little "Sleep here please." It was my time to nod and i laid next to him while he hold on to me like his life depended on it. I smiled a little and caressed his head. I closed my eyes and fell into emptiness.