2

Mouth open, Shiro's eyes focused on Lance. He wanted to say something, anything but he couldn't think of the right words to say. "L-Lance I'm," but he was cut short by Lance's stare, his royal blue eyes wet from tears, all the joy was drained out of them and Shiro could see the dark shadow behind them. 

Lance went to talk, but was interrupted by the warm hug from the lead paladin. He could feel tears pour down his cheeks. The embrace was long, Lance could feel the hard galra metal of Shiro's arm. It was the only bit of him that was cold but Lance didn't care, he hugged Shiro back. They didn't let go until Lance stopped crying.

"C'mon  Lance, the others will be worried,"

Lance immediately thought, 'worried, worried! They better be worried, Keith was missing with visible galra fur in his bedroom.' 

But Lance kept these thoughts to himself. He went back to the food hall, everyone was there... Well nearly everyone, opposite Lance was Keith's seat empty.  As soon as he sat down Pidge and Hunk started asking them questions, Lance grumbled responses, yet Shiro answered every question in detail. It carried on like this until Coran asked "did you check the escape pods?" 

Everyone looked at the pair, Shiro looked at Lance, Lance glanced at Shiro, then excused himself, the young teenager started running towards the pods.

"He wouldn't leave us, he wouldn't!" Lance kept saying, until he was screaming it. He finally got to  the pods, out of breath from running across the castle. Stood there counting, then recounting again and again and again. Until he was sure he was right, there was one missing.....