6

Lance was in his room getting ready to go find Keith. Well actually Lance already had his armour on, his hair was brushed. Yes, he was ready physically but mentally was another ball game all together. 

His head was spinning, he couldn't think strait. He had a crush on Keith. He remembers when Keith fist enrolled in training, his glossy hair cut into that stupid mullet that Lance loved. His emotionless face, Lance remembered how his chest had grown tight, how Hunk had to nudge him to stop Lance staring. 

He didn't even realise he was crying until he herd a knock on the door. It was Pidge, the one person Lance had told about Keith (now that is all gone since he cried it when Shiro found him near the pods.) When he and Pidge were talking one day. She was telling him about Matt and how he called her his little princes when she caught Lance daydreaming and smiled to see that his blue eyes where on the red Paladin. 

"You love him don't you?" She whispered, yet loud enough for Lance to hear.

She was using the same voice as then. 

"L-Lance, are y-you ok?" Her voice was shaky.

Of course Lance wasn't ok, anything but it. The boy he loved had been missing for months and Allura had found his pod with life in it. Lance wasn't even sure it was Keith, he could be dead, kept as prisoner, given the same treatment as Shiro. But he could tell Pidge was already worried about him, so Lance washed his face and tried to steady his breathing before opening the door to Pidge.

"Yeah I'm ok" He smiled. Pidge still looked worried but didn't push the topic any more.

As Lance went down the hallway with Pidge he could hear the others voices getting louder as he walked down, he managed to make out words before long.

"I'm really worried."

"What, about Keith?"

"Yes, but also about Lance. I mean what if it isn't Keith in the pod, Shiro what if--"

"It'll be fine Allura,"

"I'm with the Princess on this one, the poor boy can't take any more heart break."

"What do you think Hunk?"

"I've known Lance for a long time, and I think we should--"

"Ahem!" Pidge cleared her throat to stop the conversation. Lance stood behind Pidge, no matter how much she wanted to protect him from hearing what the others had said, she knew that he had herd everything. 

Shiro turned to the two, smiled then told everyone to get to the their lions. As everyone split up to go down the elevator, Lance felt a pat on his shoulder. 

"It'll be ok." He didn't dare turn around, he recognised Pidge's soft voice.