10

"Keith," Lance looked at the boy, he felt happy and sad allay once, it was like his emotions where fighting.
"L-Lance, I-I'm-"
"It's ok Keith, you're here and alive, I don't care if you're galra or human, it doesn't matter to me at all." Tears where falling down both boy's cheeks. Pidge wanted to hug and talk to Keith, but she new Lance needed this more right now. She went to go get breakfast and leave the two alone.

Lance heard the door shut, but didn't bother to look behind him. He had Keith now, that's all that matters.
"Lance I can explain." The sorrow in Keith's voice, the pain evident in his tone made Lance want to crumble to he knees and hold Keith close and never let go, but Lance wanted an explanation.
"Ok, take all the time you need."
"Yeah, c-can you help me to a chair, My leg's give in whenever I put pressure on them."
"Sure." He helped the smaller male hobble over to the closet chair they could see. Lance pulled up a second one next to him.
"Keith, whenever your ready."
"O-Ok," Fear layered Keith's answer. Taking a deep breath, he started.

"Well, just before I left, I turned into my other form," Lance nodded knowing what Keith meant. "After I got under control and stopped panicking, I realised that I was a danger to you all, Allura and Coran would definitely hate me as well."
"Keith, that would nev-"
"Lance, please, the race that killed her ENTIRE planet." Solemnly, Lance looked down at his feet. "Anyway, I left to protect you, I ran out of food, as you can tell," he gestured to his visible ribs, the other teen cringed at the slightly sickly sight. "Then I got attacked by Zarkron. He shot at my ship, and I didn't stand a chance. He managed to hit my chest and it was horrible, the pain a excruciating, my vision faded out, as did every thing else and I passed out. Zarkron must've thought I died, hell, I thought I died, because he left."
"....Oh Keith...."
"I'm so sorry Lance."
"It's... It's ok, I was just so sad."
"You should've left me to die," the response was quiet, just above non-existent, but it made Lance's heart shatter.
"W-what?"
"You heard my, I deserved to die." The taller male refused to let his crush talk about himself like that.
"And why's that?" The words came out in a shout.
"Because," Keith's skin began to turn purple causing Lance to edge away. "BECAUSE IM GALRA THATS WHY! WAKE UP LANCE, IM THE SAME RACE THAT KILLS INNOCENT PEOPLE! THE SAME RACE THAT RIPS FAMILIES APART!" Lance was now pinned up against the wall by Keith, his now yellow eyes flashed with anger and sadness.
"But your different."
"All galra's are the same."
"But your not completely galra, you're only part of it, and from what I've seen, there is more good in you then you realise."

This seemed to calm Keith down, his skin went a paler purple, his actual mauve eyes returned and his cat like ears shrank. He crumpled to the floor.
"I'm sorry Lance," tears where forming in the edges of Keith's eye's.
"It's alright." Lance rubbed his back in little circles, like he used to do to his younger brother when he was upset. "It's about time the other are going to wake up, feel like facing them yet?" Keith answered by shaking his head, "ok, lets go sneak into my room."

The two boys felt like they just completed mission impossible, this was only because Lance insisted on being extra, by doing commando rolls and crawling for no reason, he acted like he was dead serious about the "essential moves" he was preforming. But the reality was that he just wanted to hear Keith's laugh, and it worked. Keith would always giggle and give Lance a simple insult such as "oh my god Lance, stop being a idiot."

Keith flopped on Lance's bed, sighing with relief that they actually didn't into anyone. He was completely back to his old appearance. He must only change when he feels a strong negative emotion. If that is the case, what caused him to change when he first found out about his galra form.
"Lance, are you ok? You look lost in thought and that's never something I thought I would say."
"What's that supposed to mean?" Lance acted hurt, this earned him another laugh.
"Seriously though, what were you thinking about?"
"What to have for breakfast," Lance lied,
"Really, that's what you were focusing on so intensely."
"Yes. It's a important decision,"
"Dude, we literally only have one thing we can eat."
"Well, I deciding what flavour space goo to have."
"Green, you can have green flavour."
"Ok, Mr. Sarcasm, I'm hungry and want food."
"So,"
"I'm not leaving you alone again,"
"That's your choice."
"Keith, you'll have to face the gang sooner or later."
"Later."
"Fine, be difficult, what's one more missed meal."
"What missed meal." Lance could hear the worry in Keith's voice,
"Oh, nothing."
"Lance."
"Fine, after you left I haven't eaten anything." Keith stood up and dragged Lance by the arm out the room. "Keith what are you-"
"You're eating, I don't care if I don't want to see the others, I'm not having you starving on me."
"Ok, can you stop dragging me?"
"Oh, yeah, sorry." Keith dropped Lance's arm and they walked in silence the rest of the way.

When they got to the food hall door's, the gang's voices became clearer. Out of the corner of his eye, Lance saw Keith freeze and tense up.
"You ready?"
"No, but let's do it anyway."

A/n

Yay, another chapter. Just a quick answer to a question. people have been sending messages about fan art. If you want to send me fan art, publish it in a book and tag me. If you guys want me to, I'll put it at the end of chapters.
Bye