Chapter Two

I don't know how long it's been since I've said something. I haven't dared to look at, even speak to Derrick after what happened earlier. Every part of my body was screaming at me to keep it together, but I'm still downright terrified.

"Jenny." His voice said my name in a stern tone but I still didn't look. "Jenny look at me, right now." He demanded and very slowly I turned my head to meet his gaze. "There we go." He had an amused look on his face, and I hate it. I don't want to be here. "Do you know why I took you?" 

Because you're nothing but a filthy Calinthro demon, is what I wanted to say. But the fear was keeping me from doing so. So I swallowed a lump in my throat and shook my head side to side.

"I took you because you're a pretty, smart, and talented girl. I attached myself to you when you were young because I know that this is what you would grow to be...and now I have you all to myself, my pet." His smile widened as his digits curled back around my body and lifted me from the table I was sitting on.

It sounded like he was some sort of pedophile. Again, I wouldn't say that. I instead nod again and attempt to hide my fear. 

"You're so quiet...it's still me. I'm still your friend, only more so owning you than just being partners." He snickered, and it reminded me of whenever I would tell a bad pun when we were at school.

"You're not my friend," I grumble softly, hoping he didn't hear me but to my dismay, I found myself raised up in front of his giant green eyes. They had a dark look in them, and once again I found my body trembling.

"You really need to watch your tone with me!" His voice boomed angrily and had my arms not been pinned to my sides I would have covered my ears. "In case you are forgetting, I am still a demon. I only look human." His eye darkened even more and his tone changed to a deep and menacing one. 

"I-I'm s-sorry." I squeaked out, trembling violently in his grasp. The feeling of his flesh against my own and the immense fear was too much and I found my stomach churning horribly. Next thing I knew I was vomiting all over his hand. My throat burns as I cough and dry heave, having not eaten since yesterday before he had taken me.

"Oh...shit. Sick." Derrick's voice changed from menacing to more disgusted and the world blurred around us again. It didn't help the queasiness in my stomach. 

I was suddenly splashed with ice cold water and gasp, the sudden temperature taking my breath away as it soaked my shirt and jeans. I went to yell at the demon when a large thumb brushed over my mouth and I nearly gagged for the millionth time today. I could hear what sounded to be a faucet and figured he had to be holding me under a tap. Once the water stopped being thrown over my head I used my hands to push my blonde hair out of my eyes, coughing and sputtering.

~Derrick's P.O.V.~

Shit. Shit. And double shit. She just barfed all over my hand and sounds like she needs something to eat. And now I needed to find her more clothes somehow. I hadn't really thought it through when I just shoved her under the water. And I forgot to check the temperature too because now she was shivering. She's still downright adorable though, and now she's all mine.

I waited so long for her to finally trust me. And now she belongs to me. I had been beginning to give up and figure she'd never let her guard down but she did. It took almost eleven years, but she did. 

Judging the annoyed look on her face, I better get her somewhere warm so she doesn't freeze to death. What a great master I am huh? Get a new pet human and almost kill her the first day. "Just hang on my sweet little pet, I'll fix this." I coo and use my finger to push her hair out of her face with a chuckle. She looked like she wanted to swat my hand away but I knew she knew better than to anger me.

She was positively adorable. But I want her to feel as small as she is to me. She will feel that way. I'll make sure she learns her place and will obey everything. She's just a little defiant, but that will change. I could feel a smirk crossing my face and feel her trembling from the cold in my hand.

"D-Derrick you giant jerk!" Her voice practically screamed at me and I stop dead in my tracks, raising her up by the collar of her shirt and dangling her far above the ground. 

"Excuse me?" I lower my tone, narrowing my green orbs at her as I fight back a smile as the look on her face changed to a positively terrified one.

"i-I'm sorry, p-please don't drop me, please!" She begged, and I could see through the drips running down her face that tears had began to shine in her eyes. While I felt about scaring the poor little human like this, I couldn't let her think she was the boss of me.

So keeping a dark look, I loosened the grip on her shirt and sent her plummeting to the floor miles below her. At least, miles to her.