Chapter Three

One moment I was staring into the face of the Calinthro, the next I was watching the floor rush up to meet me. I was screaming. I know I was. I was going to die, right here, just a bloody splotch on the floor. But the impact wasn't a hard floor. It felt...soft. Slowly I managed to pry my chocolate brown eyes open and was shocked to see I had landed on a pillow. "W-What...how?" I questioned in disbelief. The pillow had not been there just moments before.

"Perks of being a demon." Derrick's deep voice came from above me. "I have incredible speed. I was able to place that under you before you even hit the ground. I can also do what you humans call 'teleport.' But only back and forth between the Underworld and Earth." He had a smug grin plastered on his giant face, and it made me physically ill.

"Y-You jerk! I-I thought you were going to kill me!" I shouted before I could stop myself and I heard myself squeal in fear as a wall of flesh suddenly encased me and I couldn't kick my legs or move my arms.

"And you obviously didn't learn your lesson." His voice hissed in my ear, but I couldn't see his face. "Jenny I don't want to have to hurt you."

I knew if I wasn't being detained, I would be trembling. I was also lucky I had already used the bathroom otherwise I may have wound up pissing myself right then and there. Not literally...I hope. But again, the flesh against mine is so gross! It's like leather, but not at the same time! And I can feel the lines of his hands, I want to gag. 

"Oh, shit. You look pale. Are you going to throw up on me again?" I heard the smile in his voice and was suddenly brought up in front of his massive green orbs, his brown hair falling into his face. The wind from the movement made me shiver as I remembered I was soaking wet.

"N-No. But I'm freezing." I struggle to grumble, managing to wrap my arms around my body as an attempt to keep warm. 

"Right. Um." The demon's grip released me and I would have screamed had I not landed so soon on soft covers of an absolutely giant bed. I'm not even sure how big it was compared to me. "I'll be right back." And before I had a chance to even respond, he just vanished. Literally. He was there, and then poof. His giant body was gone.

~Derrick's P.O.V.~

Teleporting always made me a little woozy. It took me quite a lot of strength to go from my home in the Underworld to Earth. I also had to use some strength to maintain this human height, otherwise, I'd be spotted and reveal all the Calinthro's walking about. I was one of many after all.

I now stood in Jenny's old bedroom. I had never really been in here before, as her grandmother never allowed me to come over. The old bat is pretty smart. I think she knew all along what I really am. Hell, she's the one who told Jenny the story about us. But I'm not here to heckle the elderly. I'm here to grab some clothes for my new pet.

I don't know how long I fumbled through her drawers and closet, but I managed to gather a bunch of shirts and jeans. I even grabbed some of her unmentionables, because even as a demon I know it's disgusting to wear the same pair forever. So with Jenny in mind, I closed my eyes and focused the little energy I had at the moment.

It always began with a tingling in my chest, like when something falls asleep, only it spreads throughout my whole body. Once the tingling subsides, I know I made it to my destination. 

The bundles of clothes I could barely carry at my human height now fit neatly in the palms of my hands. It was rather amusing how delicate mortals could be. "Oh, Jenny?" I called sweetly and turned my gaze to the bed where I had left my new little pet. But she was gone.

~Jenny's P.O.V.~

He's back, I can hear him calling me in that sickeningly sweet tone. But I refuse to move. I won't leave my hiding spot just so he can dress me up in whatever the hell he got me. He probably went and bought some frilly shit to try and make me wear. I'd rather freeze to death in this wet clothes.

"Jenny." His tone changed from sweet to menacing, and I could feel my heart rate speed up in my chest. Everything in me told me to go out so I wouldn't get into trouble, but my legs won't cooperate at this time. "Pet!" His voice boomed angrily now and he slammed his right foot against the floor, causing my body to tingle with the vibrations and I shiver.

I didn't want to make him that angry. Wait, did I? Why wasn't I just listening? Did I really want to be so defiant? So disobedient to his words? My eyes lowered to the floor at the realization I was just making things worse and slowly rose to my feet. I felt awful now, sick to my stomach with a pounding headache from his shouting. "I-I'm over here!" I squeak out and just decide to await whatever punishment comes my way.

"Jenny." The menacing voice was gone and once again replaced with a sweet, gentle one. Well, more like a fake one. "Why were hiding from me my sweet little one? You know it makes me angry." 

I wanted to scream at him. Yell at him that I just want to go home. But I don't. I silently nod my head and stifle a gag when his giant fingers curl around my shivering body. His hand is so warm though. I found myself leaning into the warmth as I slowly stopped shivering. I only pulled away when I heard his amused chuckle from above.

"Cold are we?" He chuckles again and I try to ignore the way the world is blurring around me when we begin to move. God, apparently I still need to get used to this. 

"J-Just give me my clothes and we'll be fine," I grumble quietly, forcing myself to pull away from the warmth of his giant hand. It made it easier when I reminded myself of the way his skin felt against mine. This day just can't possibly get any worse.