Chapter Seventeen

I'm just curious! Drop a comment down below if you've read ALL of my G/T's since 'His Little Doll' came out. I'm curious to see how many have actually stuck with me.

"Derrick is nothing like you." Jenny spat, working up enough courage even though fear continued to course through her limbs.

"You'd be surprised." Max cooed, his finger playfully brushing against the human's legs. "We'll have to get you in something else later, something that will show a little more skin."

"Y-You're avoiding the topic." She squeaked, the courage fading fast as the large hand was in so close a proximity to her. She didn't like the way his eyes scanned her, the way his fingers touched her. It was so different than Derrick's own touch. Instead of gentle and safe, this felt hungry and controlling. This is the smallest she's felt since she arrived in this place.

"Ah, yes. Did you see the blood on Derrick's fingers when he arrived back home? Hmm? Would you like to know where that blood came from?" The Calinthro kept a wide smirk perched on his lips, his dark eyes locked on the fear-filled brown ones below him.

"Y-Yes. I assumed it came from you. He said he was going to talk to you." Jenny mumbled softly, attempting to keep herself from stuttering as she fought to find a sassy comment to say. But her mind was blank as she was so focused on the finger stroking her left leg.

"No. It actually came from a human by the name of Ariana Phelps. I assume you know her?"

Her blood ran cold. She did know her. She was a student at the college in town. Ariana was what every girl wanted. Long, gorgeous hair, perfect skin even without makeup, and she could eat whatever without gaining any weight. She was really bitchy though, but Jenny would have never wished anything on her. "What about her?" The teen stuttered, regretting the question as it left her mouth.

"She's a screamer, and a fighter, up until the point Derrick and I snapped her legs. I did one, he did the other. We're demons, little girl. We can't fight our nature, no matter what. Sure he seems all sweet to you, but I'm sure you've seen it. The anger in his eyes he never lets bubble to the surface. The hungry gazes he can give you, but never acts on it."

Still unable to think of a smart comment, Jenny only remained silent to process his words. It was true. Many times she's seen frightening looks from Derrick that she rarely understood. "H-He wouldn't hurt me." She mumbled before she remembers what had just happened. The way his fist had so easily encircled her. How easily he seemed to be able to crush her in his fingers. Even then, his eyes were dark and empty, filled with anger. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized she saw distress in there too.

"Why did he look so upset then?! Why so often does he act like this isn't what he wants?!" She near shouted, much louder and sassier than she had intended it to be. But now it was Max's turn to go pale. She saw what little color he had drain from his face as he stared down at her.

"You want to know why Calinthro's are the way they are?" A voice echoed from across the room, and Jenny whirled around to see Derrick standing there, his arms folded across his muscular chest. "Do you want to know why, no matter male or female, we take humans?"

"To become pets, yeah," Jenny answered simply with a frown, but she had never been happier to see those emerald eyes staring at her.

"Wrong." Derrick strode across the room, standing next to Max as they both towered above her menacingly. "Strike one."

Jenny, once again, paled. "S-Strike one?" She stuttered out, scrambling to her feet and backing away. "W-When did this turn into baseball?"

"I'm kidding anyway." Derrick's menacing look faded into a dopey grin, and he turned to face Max. "I'm mad at you. An I'm taking her back. If you ever lay a finger on her again, I will not hesitate to take on my true form and gut you like an animal." He curled his fingers around his tiny friend, his gaze boring into Max as he returned to his own home.

He lowered the now unconscious Jenny into her own bed in the miniature apartment, his emerald gaze staring at her sleeping her form. She really was wrong, when she answered. He'll have to explain why if she gets curious or asks. "She should be alright." He mumbled to Sophie.

The woman pried her eyes away from the teen towards the demon in front of her. "Th-That's good. Where was she?" 

"With Max, but he didn't hurt her. I don't think at least. Ask her when she wakes up, I need to lay down." He sat on his own bed, laying on his back and taking a deep, relaxing breath. "That was more excitement than needed for a day. You should get some sleep too Sophie."

"Y-Yes, thank you Mister Derrick." She turned one last glance to Jenny before laying down on the couch in the living room to take a short nap, hoping things will be better when they wake up. And that Jenny won't be terrified of Derrick again.