2.lance

Don't get me wrong.

I love Keith.

But he's absolutely oblivious at the worse times and I'm constantly worried something bad will happen to him.

Recently I've noticed him flirting with Hunk though. Maybe I'm making it up but I'm just so used to Keith only smiling at me and he used to only talk to me and used to be so comfortable around only me.

The thing is though usually all of that is still the case but Keith is oddly getting close to Hunk. Keith now talks to Hunk too and smiles at him and is comfortable with him too. I know I'm supposed to be happy about something like that but now I feel like I'm getting less of Keith because of Hunk. And don't get me wrong I love Hunk too, but honestly I feel like I'm becoming a third wheel around the two.

I feel like Keith is flirting with Hunk too though. I've caught Keith laughing in that way at Hunk's jokes and seen him cling to Hunk before and I know it happens because he does it right in front of me. It makes me think if he's cheating which I know he isn't because Hunk would seem more interested in Keith. Does Keith even know he's flirting with Hunk too? I don't know. All I know is that it's getting on my nerves.

I wouldn't even blame Keith is he had a crush on Hunk though. He's a good guy and actually really cute. But something about Keith flirting with him and I don't know. Something is off and I don't like it. It might even be a me problem.

So I confronted Keith about it and somehow it turned into me being to protective and it turned into a whole new argument.

One led to another and Keith got tense and broke a glass in his hand. Making Hunk walk in. When it was cleaned up and Hunk asked what happened I couldn't express my words. I was so mad I was crying, and I knew I had to walk it off so I grabbed my jacket and left.

I expected Keith to come after me soon so I tried to walk as fast as I could. But about 30 minutes later Keith caught up to me.

"Lance?" I felt his hand grab my shoulder.

I stayed silent and waited for him to talk.

"I know you're worried and you care about me, and that's why you're protective and get jealous," he paused, "but this has been a constant problem where you're too much of it, as I've said before you need to have more trust in me."

"I know," I grumbled.

"And you got intense fast Lance, you can't do that it made me scared of you," Keith urged me to say something.

"Alright." I say simply.

"Lance this isn't the first time something like this has happened, not even the second, it gotten to a point where we need to do something to fix it long term."

"I'm sorry Keith I'm working to stop," I say reassuring him.

"But I'm not seeing anything change Lance, maybe you should see a therapist again too, it seems to me that you keep bottling emotions and bursting," Keith pushed me further.

"I'll see what I can do but I don't know," I mention and take a deep breath, "and maybe you should stay out of trouble."

Keith scolded me, "I'm not in trouble Lance."

"But people are like always making fun of you," I tried to make a point.

"Lance we've discussed this, that's my problem," he looked angry, "I can handle that no big deal. If it does go too far I'll tell you but for now I'm just fine."

"I ju-"

"Lance," he interrupted me, "I feel like we've had this conversation too many times. We've been dating for quite a while now that at this point it's getting ridiculous Lance. I love you Lance but if something doesn't change this relationship won't work."

"Are you threatening to break up with me?"

"Yes and-"

"You can't do that."

"Yes I can Lance, there's two people in this relationship. One being me."

"B-but I don't want you to leave Keith."

"Well I'm going to end this relationship if I stop seeing the constant pattern of us fighting."

"Well maybe I don't need to change Keith. I like how things are I feel like they're working."

"But they're not Lance, and if you can't change then I might as well just end the relationship."

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Well can you change Lance?"

"I don't know if I can."

"Then yes, I'm breaking up with you Lance." Keith said firmly.

And I broke and started sobbing. I can't believe what just happened. It was like my whole life didn't matter anymore. I sobbed. And I almost choked on more tears yet to come, "b-but I-i love you Keith."

"And I love you too Lance but I think this is for the best right now, because right now this relationship isn't healthy," he couldn't even look me in the eye everything felt too real and fake at the same time.

Keith's phone started buzzing. Keith picked it up and answered smiling.

"Hey," I could only hear Keith's side of the conversation.

"Yea were both fine." But I wasn't.

"Yea?"

"Could you actually pick us up we're just down the street."

"Yea."

"Okay see you." Keith smiled and hung up then looked at me and avoided all eye contact.

Before he could talk I spoke up, "was that Hunk?"

"Yea he's going to pick us up."

"I think I'll walk home."

"Lance don't do that, Hunk can drive you home," Keith begged.

"No my house isn't that far away," I sigh, "I need the walk, I'll be fine."

"Lance."

"Yea?"

"Don't do anything stupid."

And I didn't respond but instead saw Keith pull on his hair then Keith get in Hunk's car as I walked away.