Chapter One

Beach waves crashed violently against the rocks near the dock where Nathaniel Casey stood with his hands in his pockets listening to his partner David making a trade. Yes, he helped David run a small drug operation from different states.

David ran the the East side of Harlem while Nathaniel took care of California, Crenshaw to be exact

David ran the the East side of Harlem while Nathaniel took care of California, Crenshaw to be exact. They met up in Miami on an occasion to count funds and snatch a few deals here and there but also, keeping things on the low. Everything was all planned out and working like a charm. But, this moment would forever play in Nathaniel's head.

"I'm not trying to be rude but I can't give my people this shit and I don't know the side effects that come along with it. You of all people should know we don't trade or sell anything outside of collards." David said bluntly.

"I use it myself and nothing happens, see." The heavy set Cuban spun around. "I can see, hear and fuck just fine, if not better." He laughed.

David mugged him.

"Nah, we good on that. Whatchu got next cause we got shit to do?" He man's smiled dropped not like what he'd heard.

"My shit is no Bueno? This is un-fucking-believable." He said mumbled to himself.

Nathaniel furrowed his brows when he heard noise behind him. He looked and saw know one but felt them.

"Look, if you don't have anything else to saw us then we out." David said about to turn around.

"Wait, I do. It's just on the boat."

Something told Nathaniel that trouble was near and they needed to get out before it was too late. He acted quickly tapping his friend on the shoulder.

"You good, Nate?" David asked as the Cuban gentlemen went on the boat.

"We gotta get out of here, something do feel right. I think that this muhfucka got somebody watching us. Either way we need to get out of here, now." He urged.

"Heard you, cuh. Let's get the fuck outta here then." David didn't waste anytime walking to the side of his friend.

They made their way to their own cars and drove off without so much as a goodbye to the dealer. Calling each other using their vehicles to communicate is what they did.

"Why you really wanted to leave to get back to shorty?" Nathaniel laugh at his friend.

"Man, why trying me right, now? You already know me and Monica ain't fucking with each other like that." He said checking his rear mirror.

"Yeah, whatever you say." David joked. "Aye, you wanna see some bitches, tonight before we leave in the morning?"

"Cuuuuuuh, you know I love them strippas!" Nathaniel said as if he were Smokey from Friday.

"Bet. I'll meet you over at King of Diamonds."

"Cool." They ended the call mutually.

Nathaniel shook his head making a turn down the street. He nodded his head to an unreleased song David made a few months back as lights flashed behind him. He pulled over to the side of the road and sighed.

From there, it all went down hill. The officer informed Nathaniel that he'd been driving with a broken tail light, and made an illegal left turn onto the main road. He'd gotten in deeper once the car was searched. The officer found over a half a pound of Marijuana in the truck of his car with three unregistered guns.

"Nathaniel Casey, you are under arrest for..." The cold hand cuffs squeezed tightly around his wrists while the officer read him his Miranda rights.

I knew this shit was going to end bad. I fucking knew it. He thought as the officer continued to speak.

🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽🔽

Four years later.

The sounds of inmates speaking loudly echoed through the halls as Nathaniel packed up the last of his things. He was in preparation to leaving the facility after spending four whole years behind bars. There was a level of excitement building in him at the thought of seeing his baby girl, Tamia. Distance was what kept them from seeing each other with her staying in Los Angeles, California and him in Miami, Florida made things difficult. Though it had only been four years, he'd only laid eyes (while in prison) twice.

Monica (Tamia' mother) mentioned that the commute was entirely too expensive and pointless when they could call or send letters during the last visit. Her statements were complete bullshit, Nathaniel's father had personally set aside his funds for both Monica and Tamia to go back and forth. But, with Monica being set in things going her way, the planned visits were slim to none. Still, Nathaniel pushed Monica's stupidity aside for his child deciding to deal with that once touching down to California.

Nathaniel looked at his rough appearance in the small mirror. This look was different from when he'd first entered. A clean face with little to no facial hair and neat braids that touched his shoulders. Four years made a major difference for him, he'd built weight on his skinny frame, grew out a full beard and even trimmed his hair a little. Not only did his entire look change but so did he.

Mentally, Nathaniel was no longer an angry twenty-nine year old looking for a way out of the hood. Those four years force him to look at himself and learn the true importance of self care is. He had to get himself right before returning to his daughter. Tamia was his reason to improve for the better despite the current strike against him.

"Inmate, you got all of your belongings ready?" Nate nodded raising the single bag up just above the ground.

"Yeah." He glanced at the mirror once more before walking out of what used to be his home , Nathaniel had only thing on his mind getting home to his baby girl.

"I'm ready to go home."

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Want more???